Nothing comes out backflush on Oscar - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
eastpresso

#11: Post by eastpresso »

The parts list shows a bolt on showerscreen, thus my comment. Anyway let us know what happened.

Stuggi

#12: Post by Stuggi »

misterdoggy wrote:Since the machine is only a few months old and he uses only brita water (30ppm) I sincerely doubt that its scale buildup at so early a point.

More likely grime or grinds or coffee film due to the fact he only back-washed once a month.

If I remember right on this machine its not that easy to take off the screen as it is held in place with the gasket which can be a real pain to pull off especially after its hardened.
Ah, okay, missed the brita part.

But then the Joe Glo or Urnex would loosen up the valve, it must be very grimy in there. Could also be a faulty valve or that maybe some metal shavings from the manufacturing process got stuck in it.
Sebastian "Stuggi" Storholm
LMWDP #136

nixter

#13: Post by nixter »

When he loosens the pf after attempting a backflush does it sneeze? Meaning releasing a lot of pressure? Can you describe the exact process that he's using to backflush? I'm just asking these questions as it's odd that a new machine would not backflush properly so it's best to make sure we're dotting our "i's" and crossing our "t's" before getting into any dismantling.