Sette Grinder Interest and Questions

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Baratza
Sponsor

#1: Post by Baratza »

We'd like to take a moment to jump in about the Sette as we've seen a lot of discussion on Home Barista in the last week! Many of you who are regular contributors to Home Barista will know that Baratza has long taken the approach to not being overly involved in the forums here (as per the guidelines), recognizing them as areas for the coffee community to freely discuss the pros and cons, likes and dislikes, of our products.

As you can imagine we've been more than a little busy here getting the Sette Series ready to launch this week at SCAA in Atlanta. In the run up to Atlanta, we chose to put out some 'teasers' to get people interested in the Sette and as part of our marketing we asked Bryan Schiele to take some photographs. For a long time we've been enamored with Bryan's photography talents in the coffee realm. We love his eye for detail and image styling, plus we know he has a deep love and knowledge of coffee. In so doing he's not only created incredible images and video for us, but he's also been super responsive about his experience with the Sette270 and we really appreciate that. But we don't want to put too much burden on him to respond to all the questions or for you to think that he is 'the spokesperson' for Baratza.

A Sette has been shipped out to many of our US and International customers for their review and we are beginning to get their feedback and first impressions, just as Bryan has shared his. We expect to get a lot of feedback at SCAA as more people will have the opportunity to see the grinders in person. In addition, we are sending Dan Kehn, HB Moderator, a Sette for review and you can expect to hear feedback on HB from him.

As we gather more information and develop more materials we will be sharing them publicly. We appreciate all the wonderful interest and support you have already shown for the Sette and look forward to launching this to the world.

mauijer

#2: Post by mauijer »

Baratza wrote: In addition, we are sending Dan Kehn, HB Moderator, a Sette for review and you can expect to hear feedback on HB from him.

As we gather more information and develop more materials we will be sharing them publicly. We appreciate all the wonderful interest and support you have already shown for the Sette and look forward to launching this to the world.
Thanks for posting. We are all eagerly awaiting this exciting new technology. Hopefully we're not over burdening Bryan, but we probably are lol.

I think its awesome that you are going to have an HB moderator review the Sette and we will start barraging Dan instead :P

As for the questions in everyone's mind, I think reading thru the forums you have a good feel for the interest as well as concerns people have had. Are you able to make any commentary about whether the straight thru pathway seen in the Sette will be expanded to a flat burr or titan size burr? Also will the PF holder support a bottomless PF?

thanks,

Baratza (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by Baratza (original poster) »

Thanks for kind words. No, no plans to build another grinder yet with flat or titan size burrs. I think we need to roll these Settes out first and see how they both do!

Yes, the PF holder can also take a bottomless PF. Check out @letsbrew.coffee on IG for his video of this in action.

Gig103

#4: Post by Gig103 »

This grinder is really exciting. I hope someone can comment on the in-the-cup taste of the Vario versus the Sette. Around HB we see comments about conicals versus flats on a regular basis, and yours is a whole new conical.

sosha

#5: Post by sosha »

Will the chamber from the Bunn Trifecta fit?
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

Headala

#6: Post by Headala »

I know the marketing for many grinders claim they can go back and forth between drip and espresso but in reality the grind size is unreliable. Does the Sette address this issue? If so, what has changed from an engineering standpoint? I own two Virtuosos and 1 Vario because of this...love them all but wish I could consolidate!

Unrooted

#7: Post by Unrooted »

Have you guys seen the homemade grinder in the grinder forum??? You need to look at it!!!

Grinder project back from hiatus...

I only grind the amount of coffee I'm about to brew, is the Sette designed to do that well? How does the Sette do at holding its grind setting?

Intrepid510

#8: Post by Intrepid510 »

What's the lower price Sette going to be? No timer?

Unrooted

#9: Post by Unrooted replying to Intrepid510 »

No scale? $380

Intrepid510

#10: Post by Intrepid510 replying to Unrooted »

No supposedly there is a even lower rung version that will be released in the fall sometime I believe.