Le'Lit PL53 Stepless Doserless Espresso Grinder - Page 11

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
nixter

#101: Post by nixter »

1st-line wrote:Currently, we are the exclusive importer for Le'Lit espresso machines and grinders. It looks like we have a distributor on board in Canada, and there will be more to follow in the USA most likely in the near future.

Please note that the pricing is introductory.

Finally, the bean hopper, bean hopper cover, and the burr set have been set up online sans pictures at http://www.1st-line.NET.

Who is the canadian distributor?

TheJohnNewton

#102: Post by TheJohnNewton »

Impressions from an espresso newbie.

I just purchased this grinder as my first "real" espresso grinder. I've had a Rancilio Silvia for about a month, my first espresso machine, and my old grinder is a KitchenAid Pro Line. The KitchenAid is great for coarser grinds, I do Chemex manual drip mostly with the occasional press pot, but I could not adjust it down to a decent espresso grind.

Out of the box the grinder was set so fine almost nothing came out. I actually thought it might be defective. I backed the grind adjustment WAY back until I started to get a decent amount of output. I then tried to pull a shot. Night and day difference between this and my prior shots with the KitchenAid. Before I was getting a watery 10-15 second shot. This first shot was a nice thick, warm honey look, that I see in all the pictures and videos on here. I'm still dialing in the grind, with 14 oz of grounds in a double basket I'm getting about 1 1/2 oz in 33 seconds, but it's getting close and I'm very happy with the results.

My only issue with the grinder is that it retains a lot of grounds in the chute. I take the chute cover off and manually sweep it clean after each grind. The hole in the chute cover does not line up well with the threaded hole in the grinder so I just leave the screw out. The chute fits snug enough to grid without it and it makes it easier to clean out each time. As others have stated the "wings" on the front pretty much just get in the way. I use a small stainless bowl to catch the grounds, so I can weight them, and I have to maneuver around those silly wings.

az erik

#103: Post by az erik »

Bummer, I went to order this and they are looking at Mid may before getting back in stock. I thought I had found the first real stepping stone. I'm still tossing around the idea of a refurbed Super Jolly but this new suonded like a better deal. Heck I'd even hop on a used one if I could find it :mrgreen:

alexstream

#104: Post by alexstream »

nixter wrote:Who is the canadian distributor?
Yes, that's a very good question indeed. WHO IS THE CANADIAN DISTRIBUTOR!!

Thanks

ubermick

#105: Post by ubermick »

Anyone know where I can get my mitts on one of these using Paypal? I've had my eye on ebay and the marketplace over on coffeegeek, but to no avail...

(Odd request, I know, but I've been a bit free with the credit card the past couple of months between a new machine and some much needed tools and mountain bike gear, so have had a spending freeze imposed by SWMBO - so need to use my emergency PayPal stash! :twisted: )

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#106: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

alexstream wrote:Yes, that's a very good question indeed. WHO IS THE CANADIAN DISTRIBUTOR!!

Thanks
We now have a retailer in canada who can fulfill your Lelit PL53 grinder order

http://www.idrinkcoffee.com/ProductDeta ... G-LEL-PL53
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#107: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

The only recurring complaint we've received about the PL53 is the bean hopper. Removing and replacing the hopper requires a gentle touch. Several customers have experienced the neck of the hopper cracking. We offer an upgraded hopper for the Le'lit for this reason.

To order: http://www.1st-line.com/machines/home_m ... t/PL53.htm
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC