Introducing La Marzocco Home Ceramics

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
La Marzocco Home
Sponsor

#1: Post by La Marzocco Home »

Hello all,

Ceramic and coffee go hand in hand. When you care enough about the quality of your coffee, you also care about the vessel you drink it from. With that in mind, we teamed up with Seattle-based ceramicist Sarah Kaye to bring our dream cups to life.

Together with Sarah Kaye, we designed something that was comfortable to hold, beautiful to look at, and wide enough to allow an aromatic experience. We came up with 3 sizes-a 4 oz. demitasse ($22), 6 oz. cup ($26), and 10 oz. cup ($32)-each serving a different purpose and meant for a different drink.

Each porcelain cup is slip-cast, glazed, and kiln-fired. The cups are lined with a bright interior white glaze, sanded, and hand-finished with a white exterior glaze around the lip, and debossed with the La Marzocco Lion.

We've been trying out these cups for the last few weeks and have fallen in love with them-we can't wait to share them with you.

Also, we're extending 10% off all accessories and merchandise through December 31-use the discount code holidaymornings2015

Scott Callender, La Marzocco Home

Advertisement
day

#2: Post by day »

La Marzocco Home wrote:Hello all,

Ceramic and coffee go hand in hand. When you care enough about the quality of your coffee, you also care about the vessel you drink it from. With that in mind, we teamed up with Seattle-based ceramicist Sarah Kaye to bring our dream cups to life.

Together with Sarah Kaye, we designed something that was comfortable to hold, beautiful to look at, and wide enough to allow an aromatic experience. We came up with 3 sizes-a 4 oz. demitasse ($22), 6 oz. cup ($26), and 10 oz. cup ($32)-each serving a different purpose and meant for a different drink.

Each porcelain cup is slip-cast, glazed, and kiln-fired. The cups are lined with a bright interior white glaze, sanded, and hand-finished with a white exterior glaze around the lip, and debossed with the La Marzocco Lion.

We've been trying out these cups for the last few weeks and have fallen in love with them-we can't wait to share them with you.

Also, we're extending 10% off all accessories and merchandise through December 31-use the discount code holidaymornings2015

<image>
I will check out the site to get a closer look :) a link would probably help in the post, and a special 20% for hb would be even cooler :)
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

La Marzocco Home (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by La Marzocco Home (original poster) »

My apologies, here is the link to the blog post on the new ceramics: http://home.lamarzoccousa.com/handmade-ceramics/
Scott Callender, La Marzocco Home

chipman

#4: Post by chipman »

Got mine today. Very good quality. especially the 4oz cup which is perfect for Macchiatos. Two semi complaints. I wish they had handles, particularly the larger sizes, and for the cost of these cups they should have come with saucers.

weebit_nutty

#5: Post by weebit_nutty replying to chipman »

lovely cups indeed. can you take closeups of the cup? I really want to see the texture better so as to see the kind of firing they've opted. My wife and I love pottery. She has an art degree in ceramics. I have one in graphic arts but have done a fair share of throwing at the same school. She recently bought me one of Stumptown Coffee's gorgeous Mazama mugs. Yes, handles are much more convenient!
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?