Cafelat Silicone Group Gaskets - Page 7

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Cafelatstore (original poster)
Sponsor

#61: Post by Cafelatstore (original poster) »

Travisimo wrote:Hey guys,
Does any know if the 8.5mm blue Cafelat group gasket compatible/work with a Gaggia Evolution?

FYI: The standard Gaggia grouphead portafilter gasket is: ø 73x57x8.5 mm.
I use them on Gaggia groups (older ones) and they fit fine with some Dow 111.
cuppajoe wrote:Mr Pratt -

Any chance of a 54mm version for the Paquini Livietta? As Olympia has put what seems the same 54mm group in the new Maximatic, and they want $40 for the PF gasket.
I will see, do you know the exact dimensions of the gaskets? Seems like I can't buy them individually.
skittles_s wrote:Does anyone know which size - 8.0 or 8.5mm - to use with a Quick Mill Alexia?
Basically the machine assemblers all use the same groups, but they mix and match portafilters. So using the same group, some need an 8mm some need an 8.5mm. That is why we always give an 8mm and an 8.5mm with each E61 portafilter we well just to make sure it fits correctly and to take into account an wear on the group/portafilter. All I can say is get both then you will know.

cuppajoe

#62: Post by cuppajoe »

"I will see, do you know the exact dimensions of the gaskets? Seems like I can't buy them individually."

I've got an aftermarket one coming that's supposed to fit. When it gets here I'll pull the OEM one and measure it.

Have hope for the aftermarket one. It's very reasonable compared to the Oly one, but is rubber instead of silicone. If you decide to produce a silicone version, that would be preferable. I tried sourcing one from McMaster-Carr, but their stuff is mostly SAE and nothing was close enough.

At $40 a crack, replacing it regularly adds a ridiculous product lifetime maintenance expense.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

cuppajoe

#63: Post by cuppajoe »

Paul -

I PM'd you with the dimensions of the OEM portafilter gasket for the original Olympia Livietta.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

TomC
Team HB

#64: Post by TomC »

I'd love to see silicone piston seals someday.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

JtothaR

#65: Post by JtothaR »

Do we know if these will be coming out for NS? Aurelia and Appia to be more specific. And if so, when?

Marcelnl

#66: Post by Marcelnl »

Would also like to express interest for a 52mm version for the Faemina, and likely la Pavoni (not sure about that though)...
LMWDP #483