Cafelat Robot manual espresso maker - Page 4

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Balthazar_B

#31: Post by Balthazar_B »

Nice, Marshall. I'm Cal '75. But I think you must have enjoyed a little more tear gas than I did. 8)
- John

LMWDP # 577

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by samuellaw178 »

redpig wrote:I can't speak for Paul or the Robot, but I've always done what Sam showed in his video on the baby:
Tamp, drop in disp screen, pour hot water, pour it out, pour in fresh hot water and go. For darker blends, I just pour off the boil and go. When I want to hit a specific (hotter) temp, I preheat as above.

Paul can straighten it out, but I'm really hoping many of the physical characteristics of the predecessor shine through! :D
Oh hey, that's a refreshing video, thanks for linking! :D The young Sam (with an embarrassingly baggy/too large lime-green T shirt) with his coffee toys. That's the old Pharos and a Cafelat Royal 57mm tamper btw! How nostalgic!

another_jim
Team HB

#33: Post by another_jim »

Marshall wrote:For those who've never seen the Faemina, this is a great David Lance Goines poster:

<image>
Oops I misattributed the Robot's inspiration; I meant the Gaggia Gilda.
Jim Schulman

schneckerl

#34: Post by schneckerl »

I really was THAT close to buying a Flair Espresso Maker, but seeing this now.. I hope it might well be worth the wait.

How long would the clean-up process be until the Robot is ready for another cup? The Flair has an optional 2nd brew head for this.

Headala

#35: Post by Headala »

Congrats, Paul. I know this has been a long time in the making!

IMAWriter

#36: Post by IMAWriter »

I'm guessing for home use, having a kettle that would maintain temperature for several minutes would help facilitate multiple shots more expeditiously?
In Sam's video, pouring the "warming' hot water then dumping doesn't disturb the puck? Makes me wonder a tamp is necessary, or would make a lot of difference. Paul, what say you, sir. beautifully done, BTW!

MikkelCoff

#37: Post by MikkelCoff »

Very nice! seems like it will be very expensive for us europeans though :( (after import taxes )

canuckcoffeeguy

#38: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Any updates on when this will be available for order?

Cafelatstore (original poster)
Sponsor

#39: Post by Cafelatstore (original poster) replying to canuckcoffeeguy »

I am expecting an updated sample from the tooling next week. As soon as that is all ok then we will have firm details for everyone.

skittles_s

#40: Post by skittles_s »

Just bumping due to my ongoing interest. Any further news with regard to when we might preorder/Kickstart this, Paul?