Cafelat all-in-one Portafilters

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Cafelatstore
Sponsor

#1: Post by Cafelatstore »

Our new portafilters are all stainless steel, have awesome retro bakelite handles and convert to naked/bottomless in seconds. Actually they are unlike anything else, so it is better to think of them as a new portafilter system.

What we have is a main body that has been designed as a naked handle, so you get no ugly chop marks or bits cut out of important places. The spouts are attached to a base plate that press-fits into the main body and is held very firmly in place with a food grade silicone o-ring. That's it.

There are a whole bunch of other neat features like the rim that allows you to tamp on a table edge, the comfy inclined handle, an alternative soft rubber handle, 3 different spouts, a breather notch in the top etc...

We have main bodies available for Marzocco/Synesso/Slayer, Nuova Simonelli and Modern E61 groups

All the details are on our company website http://www.cafelat.com/portafilter.html

They will be available to buy on our webshop a little later http://www.cafelatstore.com/collections ... ortafilter

A complete set is US$85 or you can build your own, Naked portafilters are $60. You can get a package discount with the new XT Tampers as well.

DanoM

#2: Post by DanoM »

Nice system potential it looks like.

Now you need to make a 49mm version for my La Pavoni! :lol:
LMWDP #445

lukeap69

#3: Post by lukeap69 »

Been waiting for this to be available.

Edit: just ordered one NS set.

Clint Orchuk

#4: Post by Clint Orchuk »

Paul, you come up with some of the coolest stuff.

kitt

#5: Post by kitt »

They look awesome, save one for me once i get my set-up back up and running :D

Marshall

#6: Post by Marshall »

Damned clever, Paul!
Marshall
Los Angeles

MDL

#7: Post by MDL »

Very clever idea and execution.

Why did you decide to press fit the bottom on instead of threading it? I wonder if over time it will have a tendency to blow off from the pressure of pulling shots?

HB
Admin

#8: Post by HB »

What pressure? The floor of the portafilter is subjected to the "pressure" of dripping espresso from the bottom of the basket.
Dan Kehn

homeburrero
Team HB

#9: Post by homeburrero »

Nice trick, and at a reasonable price too. My order is in - now when my sisters stop by for single cappa's I can just pop the splitter on the bottom of my usual PF.

P.S.
I think Ray Johns built something functionally equivalent for his Pavoni a couple years back:
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#10: Post by RapidCoffee »

Wow. If these are as good as they look, you just made every other portafilter on the market obsolete... :shock:
John