Zerowatt lever on ebay.it

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
beer&mathematics

#1: Post by beer&mathematics »

I asked if posting this sorta thing was ok, no one answered after a while so I assume it is.

Very cool Zerowatt lever on ebay.it. It's one of my favorite looking machines with its atomic age looks and channeling Mas Attacks.
LMWDP #431

homeburrero
Team HB

#2: Post by homeburrero »

I saw your other posting, and also noticed that there were no opinions. I think it's interesting and useful to share these. Don't see a downside except maybe to the person who is bidding and hoping to score a steal.

Back on topic - here's another lever listing, for a Faema Lambro that was mentioned but not linked-to in another HB thread. Maybe not so rare, but certainly very desirable and rarely seen on the US eBay:
http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/collezio ... o/64066782

(Google-Translate version here)
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

There isn't any set in stone rule about it, so until there is, the discretion is up to the contributor. For what it's worth, most collectors make quite an effort to track down and discover new sources for limited and or scarce/desirable antiques. It is generally frowned upon to broadcast an unsold auction item that will drive up its end price significantly. But there's also a good counter argument to that as well. Where does one person's right to expression and free speech end versus another persons right to profit? I don't know. So unless Dan chooses to set a standard, it's entirely up to the person contributing.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#4: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

I totally get it is case by case basis. For example, the Zerowatt machine I listed wasn't found with a creative search or anything and it is on public ebay. Also, it has a pretty high buy-it-now price. For some reason, in my mind, the B-I-N excludes it from the 'get it at a bargain' unless it is priced too low. The discretion part I suppose is from the overlap between pros and home enthusiasts who both come to HB to talk espresso.

It's a cool machine, hope someone on HB snags it :P
LMWDP #431

OldNuc

#5: Post by OldNuc »

In my experience the items listed on public forums or auction sites are fair topics of discussion. There is no secret to finding these things and anyone who thinks they will steal something for an incredible bargain are dreaming. Rubbing nose oil on something does make it yours or prevent others from buying it.

bostonbuzz

#6: Post by bostonbuzz »

Sometimes there ARE extremely good deals that nobody finds except you. I won't go into specifics but I could. I'm willing to bet more than a few lurkers are old members are up to date on all the good machines mislabeled etc. and DON'T post about it because even if they aren't interested, they don't want to ruin it for others.

That said, I couldn't find those Faemas after hours of searching until you just posted that link :wink:
LMWDP #353

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#7: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) replying to bostonbuzz »

Sigh, another old boys club I guess
LMWDP #431