Who got the Faema Velox? (eBay)

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

They don't pop up often, and it went for what looks like a fair price ~$2100. I was interested but didn't bid. Shipping bid to SF was almost $500 alone. Hope someone here was able to add to their collection! I think if it were a 110v it would have gone for considerably more.

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

[creative nickname]

#2: Post by [creative nickname] »

Damn!! I have a bunch of saved searches meant to find these but somehow I missed this one. Congrats to the lucky buyer!
LMWDP #435

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#3: Post by orphanespresso »

Wow..my favorite machine! So, at 2100 plus SH for that one, I guess I am sitting on a gold mine!
Don't feel too bad missing it....water line valve missing, copper showing through the chrome, aftermarket wrong toggle switch, pf locking in any 3 meaning worn out pf or group, wrong drip tray bowl, missing electrical cord and original metal wrap covers, missing the cool Faema horny tamper, uncertain condition of all electrical and mechanical parts, etc...but converting to 110v is doable.
But still, someone is living the dream :) .

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC (original poster) »

I was hoping you'd chime in! I searched and searched and couldn't find a drip tray bowl like it. I of course scoured every frame and moment of the video you took of your (much better) version. I couldn't see the water inlet valve that yours had, and the bowl, and it certainly looked like it had never been maintained or serviced in the back, so whoever bought it would have a lot of work.

I can't imagine doing much about the severely worn chrome unless you want to loose that original badge.

I wonder if someone modified something for that drip tray bowl, or is it a different version? It doesn't have the indicator light that yours had either. I had to squint to see the main power switch on the side.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#5: Post by orphanespresso »

I had not noticed the missing indicator light...good eye.

Having spent the last year or so trying to master various brewing techniques our Velox had been mostly wall art. After SCAA I started working to block out some espresso grinds so I turned on the water valve, flipped the switch and it performed like a well oiled machine. The Velox part is really nice...10 minutes or so from stone cold to pulling shots. I am still puzzled as to why they quit making them and why they are so rare.

[creative nickname]

#6: Post by [creative nickname] »

Yeah, it would have been a huge project for sure. And after buying the roaster this year, I REALLY don't need to be buying more coffee right now. But finding one of these remains very high on my to do list, and given the scarcity, I'd be willing consider even a pretty beat up fixer-upper.
LMWDP #435

doubleOsoul

#7: Post by doubleOsoul »

I was about to start this thread.... so yeah who got my Velox??? I had 2 bids in and it still didn't cut it!

Doug, I'll trade my Lady Duchessa for your Velox... lol. No, seriously.

channo

#8: Post by channo »

Hello
Original Faema diagram spare, Veloxtermo a muro.
Andrea

grog

#9: Post by grog »

I was surprised how high the bidding went...there was one that appeared to be in better condition on eBay.it that went for about half as much just a few months back.
LMWDP #514

doubleOsoul

#10: Post by doubleOsoul replying to grog »

It did??? How did I miss that? I must have been away or something.