What is best way to remove dispersion screen from Elektra Microcasa a Leva?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
rpavlis

#1: Post by rpavlis »

For some reason I do not seem to be able to find any information about how to remove the Elektra Micro Casa a Leva dispersion screen and sealing ring. What really is the best way to do this?

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Robert, if you tell us how yours manages to get stuck in place you'll solve the occasional problem I have in the other direction -- that it removes itself all too easily. Otherwise, have you tried a picking tool under the edge of the dispersion screen? The portafilter gasket wraps around the base of the screen itself.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Dan Kehn

Cmtwgr

#4: Post by Cmtwgr »

Remove piston and check it while your at it
find something that has almost the same diameter as the cylinder , then use that to push out the screen , dont use something that only pushes on the center , you want to push on the edges

on the Pavoni , i just unscrew the nuts on the top , they prevent the piston to go too far down
now just use the lever to push the screen out

when putting things together , use a empty portafilter to press in the screen + gasket , to fully set it , ad a basket to the portafilter , then once again use that to fully press in things

with a porta filter in , lightly press down the lever until contact

screw the thin nut until contact ,lift lever screw the thin nut a half turn further , with two wrenches tighten the dome nut on to the thin nut
hold the thin nut in place to keep the setting. only turn the dome nut