Vintage Conti Empress in Godard Movie

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Latte Jed

#1: Post by Latte Jed »

Just watched Godard's Une Femme est Une Femme 1962 (A Woman is a Woman) and noticed a Conti Empress in a Bar scene. For all you Conti Fans out there.

In an earlier scene in a different bar Anna Karina orders a Café crème, tres blanc while another man orders a "Cafe Verte."
Has anyone heard of a Cafe Verte? It looked like a Cafe au lait in a tall clear glass.
LMWDP #076

Latte Jed (original poster)

#2: Post by Latte Jed (original poster) »

I just realized as I posted this that in spite of the subtitle reading "Coffee Green," the other man probably said "Cafe Verre." Coffee in a glass.
LMWDP #076

phillip canuck

#3: Post by phillip canuck »

I see I'm not the only one...

Cameos for Espresso Machines

Thanks for the screenshot.

-phillip

pootoogoo

#4: Post by pootoogoo »

You're right Jed: the woman asks for "Un café crème, très blanc" while the other man asks for "Un café crème, verre" to have it served in a glass. [The scene (with a mistake on both subtitles for the Spanish translation :roll:) & the Conti empress with Jean-Paul Belmondo scene].

That makes you the only Conti Empress owner watching Godard movies in Utah. :mrgreen:

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

Latte Jed, great to see you post again. I hope you hang around more! I was searching for everyone on this forum who'd ever shared info about the Conti Empress when I found mine on New Year's Eve. It's coming along, only thanks to the help of this amazing forum.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/