Victoria Arduino 3 Group Leva water flow issue

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
ErikW

#1: Post by ErikW »

Our cafe recently purchased a refurbished 3 group Vic Arduino Leva and the far left lever gushes water. From what I understand, the water control valve on the top of the group head (added in 2012 I believe, new design) should control this. But, no matter how much I screw it down, it doesn't help. I took it all out, found no issues and am beginning to think something else is going on internally. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help everyone!

phillip canuck

#2: Post by phillip canuck »

Hi Erik,
Group 1 and 2 work fine, I assume? How much more water comes out on the third group than the other two? Does everything else seem normal as far as pulling it down - the spring - all that?

-phillip

Advertisement
ErikW (original poster)

#3: Post by ErikW (original poster) »

Phillip -

Thanks for the response! Everything else is working fine - Groups 1 and 2. I would estimate 4-5 times the amount of water needed for a shot. I did notice a "ka-chunk" on the pull initially. It sounds like the spring could be hitting something?

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by FotonDrv »

Pull that piston lever assembly and check the seals AND look up/into the sleeve looking for rub marks. Also look toward the very top of the spring where it contacts the lever body; it might be way off center causing the spring to rub during compression.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train