Used La Pavoni Europiccola- Weird wiring and no fuse

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
juanflan

#1: Post by juanflan »

Hi. I just purchased a La Pavoni Europiccola off ebay. I unboxed it today and everything works great, as far as I can tell. However, while I was trying to date it and check out the machine I noticed at the following link that my machine is most likely from 1988-1989. I say this because it has a similar switch as mine with the larger off symbol.

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/lapav ... mi_eng.htm

You will notice in my picture below I have no fuse and the wiring is different. I noticed with the instructions I received that it looked it was serviced at some point because there were different phone numbers for service centers.

Basically, I am just wondering if I should I be concerned and install a fuse?

stefano65
Sponsor

#2: Post by stefano65 »

Normally speaking
if was not removed
inside the orange sleeve there is a non resettable thermal-cut-off
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

juanflan (original poster)

#3: Post by juanflan (original poster) »

Sorry please excuse my lack of knowledge but do I still need the "resettable thermal-cut-off"?

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary replying to juanflan »

The thermofuse is a safety switch that protects you from the cost and electrical hazard of burning out one or both heating elements if the machine runs dry while it is powered on. Those heating elements are not made anymore and replacement would be problematic. The thermal cutoff switch is an inexpensive part and in my opinion well worth installing.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!