Stefano Ugolini espresso machine

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
EspressoNovice

#1: Post by EspressoNovice »

I recently purchased an espresso machine which I have identified -- through reading back posts on this website and others -- as a Stefano Ugolini.

It appears that this company no longer makes these machines. Yet apparently some of them are floating around and in use, which suggests that replacement parts if needed are available.

However, I do not know where to start -- I have a repair technician that is quite skilled at maintenance and repair of espresso machines, but he is unfamiliar with this particular machine.

Can anyone help me find a source for parts? I am posting a photo previously used on this forum several years ago because it is identical to mine.

Thanks, Lee

doubleOsoul

#2: Post by doubleOsoul »

Its awesome when these Ugolinis' pop up every once in a blue moon. Did you contact Stefanos Espresso Care?

Advertisement
EspressoNovice (original poster)

#3: Post by EspressoNovice (original poster) »

I was not familiar with Stefanos Espresso Care, but I will contact them.

All good ideas and sources are welcome -- thank you for this one!

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

Also possibly Orphan Espresso - they specialize in (old) lever machines
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

IMAWriter

#5: Post by IMAWriter »

EspressoNovice wrote:I was not familiar with Stefanos Espresso Care, but I will contact them.

All good ideas and sources are welcome -- thank you for this one!
Thomas Cara, in San Francisco might also be able to help, though Stefano, Cher's suggestion is a great place to start.

doubleOsoul

#6: Post by doubleOsoul »

Randy G. wrote:Also possibly Orphan Espresso - they specialize in (old) lever machines
Yes, but Stefano is king of Elektra and Elektra like machines (I should know). :D

cuppajoe

#7: Post by cuppajoe »

Is it a spring lever? In any case, probably would get more response if the thread was moved to 'Levers'.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#8: Post by drgary »

IMAWriter wrote:Thomas Cara, in San Francisco might also be able to help, though Stefano, Cher's suggestion is a great place to start.
Christopher Cara services what he or his dad sold if you're his customer. He doesn't dabble in other machines, and I don't think they sold Ugolini. Orphan Espresso has backed off of supporting every orphaned lever and have narrowed their parts stock after concentrating on their hand grinder business. I would never underestimate what they might know about this machine, and if they see this they may chime in. Stefano of Espressocare is very service oriented and knowledgeable. I don't know if he's familiar with this rare lever. Francesco Ceccarelli in Rome is a passionate collector of home levers and may know about this machine and its parts. He probably has one.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

civ

#9: Post by civ »

EspressoNovice wrote: ... do not know where to start.
Check here:
http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php? ... opic&t=217
There is some information in that post.

Chers.

CIV

EspressoNovice (original poster)

#10: Post by EspressoNovice (original poster) »

Thank you for the suggestions. I did (1) write to Francesco Ceccarelli and he promptly responded:

"the machine is out of production and the company doesn't exist more. furthermore was a brand unknown and without service center. if you need something, you must find suitable parts"

I also (2) sent a email msg to the Orphan Espresso. And (3) talked by phone with Stefano's Espresso Care. The guidance was -- if a part, particularly a gasket, needs replacing -- measure it carefully and send us the results. If parts from other makers are compatible then we might be able to supply what you need.

Based on this, apparently the search for parts specific and unique to this rare machine will not succeed.

This appears to be a difficult journey but I will persist. Any other ideas or advice would be welcome. I am very impressed with the speedy and helpful replies. Much appreciated, thank you.

Lee