Sources for parts for Zacconi Riviera?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
rawman

#1: Post by rawman »

Hey All,

My brother had asked me about a machine he saw on ebay and I didn't get back to him in time and he bought it. It is a La Riveiera Serial Number: 005938. Here is a link the the ebay sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-espress ... 1653735218

As the listing says, it needs a PF and a over pressure valve. The listing suggests using a metric brass cap, which is obviously a dangerous stupid idea.

So my brother got it and fired it up. It does heat up, but obviously won't build any pressure. He called Zacconi and they said they don't have parts for this machine anymore. Not sure what year it was built though.

Any suggestions? Anyone know sources for parts for this machine?

Thanks in advance
LMWDP #189

crazy4espresso

#2: Post by crazy4espresso »

Zacconi should have parts except for the portafilter and group seals. They do have filter baskets. These older machines employed either an adjustable or non-adjustable safety valve. I'm not sure what type the modern machines use, so it's possible they may not have the one you need.
You can use an Export portafilter with the Zacconi double basket only. The single basket does not fit. Finding an original portafilter will be very difficult.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

RioCruz

#3: Post by RioCruz »

Try Chris Cara in San Francisco: (415) 781-0383

He imports and services the Zacconi and Pavoni machines and may be able to steer you to a portafilter or steam release valve. Can't hurt to give him a try.
"Nobody loves your coffee more than you do."
~James Freeman, Blue Bottle