Replacement Faema Faemina steam wand?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Coffeecritter

#1: Post by Coffeecritter »

I picked up a cosmetically very rough, but intact Faemina on eBay which arrived yesterday. I don't intend to "restore" it to perfection - she's a grand old lady and I'll enjoy her patina. But I am considering replacing the steam wand, which has been mangled by inappropriate tools.

It looks like a pretty generic part. Does anyone have experience with these? Sources?

Thanks!

Sue
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

Paul_Pratt

#2: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I will check the size tomorrow, I think it is a small pipe diameter, maybe 5 or 4mm. If I have the pipe I could probably make one or two.

sweaner

#3: Post by sweaner »

Paul, while you are at it, could you make me an entire machine? :wink:
Scott
LMWDP #248

Coffeecritter (original poster)

#4: Post by Coffeecritter (original poster) »

Paul -

You're a sweetie! My husband made a tool to bend birdcage bars (don't ask) that may be just the thing to take the kinks out of the one I have. He's going to look for it in the morning. But it certainly is nice to know that there are marvelous resources such as you out there :D . I'll know more tomorrow.

SUE

LMWDP #157

Whale

#5: Post by Whale »

I also received a Faemina on which the tube was bent.
On mine the tube is completely collapsed and unsalvageable...
Not being big on steaming it was not a priority to repair but if there is a move to get some sort of production
going. I'll shamelessly jump in and beg for one. :mrgreen:
That is if it is agreeable to Paul of course. :D
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

I'm in for a replacement steam wand, mine's functional but very short (as all the Faemina wands tend to be). I'd be happy to pass if a full production is not warranted in favor of getting those without steam wands up and steaming.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Sansibar99

#7: Post by Sansibar99 »

To all those who would like to salvage their old steam wand pipes:
If you need to do some bending, you should fill the pipe with very fine quartz sand and seal the endings, then you can bend it carefully with a lower risk of damaging it.
LMWDP #422

Coffeecritter (original poster)

#8: Post by Coffeecritter (original poster) »

A longer steam wand would be wonderful!

Sue

LMWDP #157

Paul_Pratt

#9: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Well there is a snag. It seems the pipe nut that should be 1/4 bspp is actually not. It would seem to be either an M12 x 1.0mm. Never comes across this before so it will need more time and will involve sourcing a tap and making custom end pipe nuts. The steam tip fittings are also metric M10 x 1.0mm so it is possible that it is M12 x 1.0mm, I will have to measure properly to see the correct size, but the threads are 1.0mm.

Marcelnl

#10: Post by Marcelnl »

You may be able to source an original one from Julius in Germany, he had them on the list of parts he sent me a couple of weeks ago.
LMWDP #483