Recommended dose for Bezzera Strega?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
UFGators

#1: Post by UFGators »

I just became the owner of a Bezzera Strega pour over machine and I was curious as to what doses range for a double basket on this machine would give me the best results? I have been experimenting a bunch but wanted to hear everyone's opinions.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

I haven't used the stock baskets since I first got my Strega so I won't comment on those. With the Espressoparts HQ 14 I normally use 18g & 20g in the HQ21 double.
LMWDP 267

mathof

#3: Post by mathof »

UFGators wrote:I just became the owner of a Bezzera Strega pour over machine ...
Ive been asking myself what "pour over" might mean in the context of a lever (as opposed to a brew) forum, but nothing comes to mind. Can anyone help?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

Tank vs plumbed in I imagine.
LMWDP 267

UFGators (original poster)

#5: Post by UFGators (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:I haven't used the stock baskets since I first got my Strega so I won't comment on those. With the Espressoparts HQ 14 I normally use 18g & 20g in the HQ21 double.

I have both of those baskets that I use on my Elektra. 20g for a double of Redbird espresso seems to work very well on this machine.

bmb

#6: Post by bmb »

With very fresh and fluffier grinds I begin with the stock double at 16gr - darker roast may need to go down to 14gr - as coffee gets older I may use 17 - 18gr.
If the flow is too quick I change to the espresso parts double and triple baskets, that are more flow restrictive and work better in this case.
For 7-8gr singles I use a basquet that looks pretty much as the LM, and the stock basket for 9-11gr ones.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

JohnB. wrote:Tank vs plumbed in I imagine.
+1, that's my understanding, and it seemed odd to me at first too, but the machines with reservoirs that need refilling are considered pour-over versus the plumbed in machines.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272