Ponte Vecchio: Why are the Export and Lusso the same price? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
1st-line
Sponsor

#11: Post by 1st-line »

mbishop wrote:Many thanks for the response! That makes sense to me. The Export is looking like a good machine.
I actually love it for portability to small dinner parties. In other words, instead of bringing wine, I bring the machine to make espresso and cappuccino to those who do not have an espresso machine. A little unusual I guess, but most of my friends understand that I need to have good espresso after dinner. Oh, wait! I don't drink coffee. NOT!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

peacecup

#12: Post by peacecup »

I agree with Jim, the Export is a great portable machine. I still have the box it came it, and I use it to take to field camps, hotels, etc. The strangest has been a state room on the Sweden-Finland ferry. I also have one on my desk at the office at work.

The Lusso is a luxury (I guess that's the definition in fact), but if you don't need portability, and you have the space, it is a better machine for all-day-on, on-demand use. It is the smallest way to make your counter into a southern Italian espresso bar.
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

mbishop (original poster)

#13: Post by mbishop (original poster) »

peacecup wrote: The Lusso is a luxury (I guess that's the definition in fact), but if you don't need portability, and you have the space, it is a better machine for all-day-on, on-demand use. It is the smallest way to make your counter into a southern Italian espresso bar.
Aye, there's the rub. Our house has very little available counter space. I'm looking for my first espresso machine and eyeing the Export because of its small footprint. I'm not really going to be making a ton of espresso for anyone other than myself, so it seems like a good fit.

see: Looking for a very personal espresso machine, budget around $1000...

I appreciate all the comments about the Export!

beer&mathematics

#14: Post by beer&mathematics »

After buying a machine similar to the Lusso I can't get rid of my Export. It just rocks. Actually, during the semester I can't make espresso every day so the .9L boiler actually feels too big for me ;) it can easily handle a small after dinner party too...also the looks are killer... Very unique among current espresso machines...the only thing I would wish is if they offered the PV machines in color (which is subjective) in the US
LMWDP #431

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster »

1st-line wrote:I actually love it for portability to small dinner parties. In other words, instead of bringing wine, I bring the machine to make espresso and cappuccino to those who do not have an espresso machine. A little unusual I guess, but most of my friends understand that I need to have good espresso after dinner. Oh, wait! I don't drink coffee. NOT!
I've been known to bring my BraZen coffee maker or a Chemex or Press Pot along when I visit family and coffee to share. Sometimes even my Mypressi Twist if I'm going to be staying a bit.

When you bring your Export along, do you bring your own water with it?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

1st-line
Sponsor

#16: Post by 1st-line replying to yakster »

As the same as an attorney's favorite answer would be int he court of law, "It depends!".
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC