Paul Pratt has something cooking

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
rittem1

#1: Post by rittem1 »

If you follow Cafelatco on Insta then you already saw a few posts on this but if you didn't then this is news! News I tell you! Two posts up from Cafelat, one with a short video of a "home espresso maker. All Manual" in mid extraction. Also noted that they are only at the prototype stage. Anyone who knows anything about Paul should be excited about what he has in store for us. Will it be a lever? I guess so since the post says "All Manual"...Has anyone else seen this or have a scoop?
LMWDP #517

crazy4espresso

#2: Post by crazy4espresso »

The reflection from the group seems to indicate a lever machine.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

Advertisement
rittem1 (original poster)

#3: Post by rittem1 (original poster) replying to crazy4espresso »

good catch. You think he would mind if I just give him all of my money now? I am pretty sure I am going to want this
LMWDP #517

Paul_Pratt

#4: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Hi all. Just a simple home machine, aiming for <$300 retail. No plastic. I had the design done over a year ago but 1 part is proving annoying, the basket. The 2 main manufacturers of baskets in Italy and China do not have the capabilities. On my prototype even the basket was CNC cut. So stuck on something very simple. But we are making progress.

Once the basket issue is solved we will begin.

drgary
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Hi all. Just a simple home machine, aiming for <$300 retail. No plastic.
As expected you're coming up with something worthwhile. Many here will watch this with interest.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

Here's the video link. The reflection in the group shows a hand finishing the pull on a lever. Yes!

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2 ... 7361_n.mp4
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

day

#7: Post by day »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Hi all. Just a simple home machine, aiming for <$300 retail. No plastic. I had the design done over a year ago but 1 part is proving annoying, the basket. The 2 main manufacturers of baskets in Italy and China do not have the capabilities. On my prototype even the basket was CNC cut. So stuck on something very simple. But we are making progress.

Once the basket issue is solved we will begin.
I just wanted to chime in and tell you how excited I am to see it as well, and grateful for those like yourself making reasonable cost, high quality products for us home users. Can you tell us what size it takes?
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

Advertisement
DanoM

#8: Post by DanoM »

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this project! There are many people I know that would love to try an espresso machine for that price - CafeLat quality to boot! :D

I've been putting off some purchases from CafeLat, and this might be all I need to finish my order! :lol:
Let's see...
A new tamper for my La Pavoni, since I seem to have forgotten my last one in Los Angeles.
New style steaming pitcher.
Maybe a new PF for the La Pavoni to replace my "rustic" one.
Add in a new CafeLat Lever Machine...
LMWDP #445

Unrooted

#9: Post by Unrooted »

pretty amazing that he could create a <$300 machine, when just a portafilter is $100, pretty cool though!

HoldTheOnions

#10: Post by HoldTheOnions »

I'm thinking a Peppina style machine could be made that affordable.