P-stat vintage LP

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
nuanced

#1: Post by nuanced »

.... ANOTHER APPROACH to install p-stat on vintage LP / adding new single element HE .........

cuppajoe

#2: Post by cuppajoe »

That looks to be a Marcf machine rather than a Pavoni. The early LP's had a screw on element plate, and the base and rear water inlet are proper for a Marcf. You do mention a Graziella in your list.

Out of curiosity, where did you pick up the element? Wish there was enough room on the new replacement element assemblies for the LP's to use elbows like that for the Pstat.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Advertisement
nuanced (original poster)

#3: Post by nuanced (original poster) »

. ........ CUPPAJOE , this machine is a marcfi / picola made in spain under license from LP [1971-75] AND marketed in usa using names la graziella or la cara ; 80 per cent of parts are LP or slightly different variations , the main difference being the 4 bolt cremina style group to boiler connection ; uses same brass sleeve ame as 1st gen. LP,uses SAME exact switch and very similar 2 element HE , saety valve and steam assembly , etc.

#4: Post by nuanced (original poster) »

.... the elbow and street L are 1/8" npt and are very small ,small 1/4" tapped hole , with more fine threads, very easy install ; the boiler HE base very similar to MCAL AND ALSO BOLTED ON , the single element HE from 1st line equip. > LELIT $49.96 include shipping .........this whole set-up should be adaptable to 1962-79 LP's with screw-base type, where there is no HE REPLACEMENT AVAILABLE and can not be sourced anywhere ...

drgary
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary »

One thing concerning about that heating element is it appears to extend high into the boiler. The elements for La Pavoni and similar levers is very short. These heaters need to be completely immersed in water or they self-destruct.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

#6: Post by nuanced (original poster) »

...... pic of HE is enlarged ; the HE actually EXTENDS from mounting plate > 2 1/4 inches < /

drgary
Team HB

#7: Post by drgary »

2 1/4 inches to the top? If so that's pretty good.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Advertisement

#8: Post by nuanced (original poster) »

..... replacement 1000 watt HE Is small compared to ones cut-out , the diameter is only 2 inches / recommended by PETER BRADLEY [UK] on his website AVICENNA .....

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

2 inch diameter is good.

Is 2 1/4 inches the measurement from the heating element plate to top of heating element? I ask this in case others consider that heating element versus the current versions for these machines.
Gary
LMWDP#308

#10: Post by nuanced (original poster) »

..... measured with caliper > 2.3 inches / 58-59 mm , to the top of the collar that sits against base plate ....