"NEW" lever in the house - Carimali Jollyna 73

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
naked-portafilter

#1: Post by naked-portafilter »

Yesterday's occasion ($60) was free delivered to my roastery. Does anybody know this rare lever pls? As I saw Paul Pratt has sg similar ( It is in untended but otherways excellent condition.

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by samuellaw178 »

Cool, congrats! This slender look and commercial group reminds me a lot of the DIY Dipper Lever btw. :mrgreen:

Looks to have a adjustable thermostat with a bolt-in sensor, and a hot water wand. Is this a dipper-style too, or does it even have a boiler? Plumb in needed? It'll be interesting to know how the brew temp is managed.

Thanks for sharing! Sorry that can't offer much about the brand with my limited knowledge. :P

Paul_Pratt

#3: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Nice machine, Pascal has the same model. Mine was the larger version with a boiler and a standard dipper group. Yours looks like it has the original tamper.

Uldall

#4: Post by Uldall »

beautiful machine ;-)

/Uldall
Bassethound.
Coffee Driven.

naked-portafilter (original poster)

#5: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Hi Paul,

Could you make a picture from the dispersion screen pls? I think my Jollyna doesn't have the original one. It's not a tight fitting screen.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by pizzaman383 »

That's very cool! I really like the compact levers with a bit commercial group.

Is it very tippy when you pull the lever? I had to add weight when I made my DIY lever to keep it from tipping.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

#7: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

pizzaman383 wrote:That's very cool! I really like the compact levers with a bit commercial group.

Is it very tippy when you pull the lever?
Hi Curtis,

Yes, it's a great combination: small footprint and huge group. Funny. No problem with tipping (I saw your weights :-)). The only issue is a slightly week frame. I should consider to make it more stiff. All respect to your DIY lever project.

Cheers

Gabor

kaldi61

#8: Post by kaldi61 »

that is a very cool little machine with the massive group. I'd love to hear how it performs.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

zeb

#9: Post by zeb »

Nice machine !

Dispersion screen is like this :

Other pictures !? ;)

#10: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Wooooohooooo Brother Pascal!

Insaaane. Somebody out there with the same lever. I'm so happy. Almost in the neighborhood. May I drop by :-)? Bad news/good news: I have the same dispersion screen. Is yours a thight fitting one? Without group gasket the shower screen fits very loosely (on my Jollyna). But may be I just need a different type of group gasket. It was a plain O-ring.

Cheers

Gábor