Never used 1967 Olympia Cremina on eBay Italy

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mathof

#1: Post by mathof »

One day left to bid for what the vendor describes as a never-used Olympia Cremina, manufactured in 1967, with original accessories. The current price is €500. (The vendor wants to ship within Italy, but he can be contacted to discuss other arrangements.)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Macchina-caffe-O ... 1e93802885

Matt

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Oh no....I have to delete my eBay account, I am white knuckles over here trying not to send a bid. If I get another machine in the house my wife is gonna send me away to a mental hospital..
LMWDP #371

CoffeeBar

#3: Post by CoffeeBar »

I am worrying about the asbestors in the Cremina 67
Olympia Cremina boiler asbestos insulation

and those pin holes problem....'86 Olympia Cremina pinholes in boiler... 'The fix' :(

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary replying to CoffeeBar »

Why? Fixes for those problems have been well documented as long as you work with care on the asbestos removal. Plus I doubt there will be any pinholes (very easily fixed -- I've done it) on an unused machine.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Eastsideloco

#5: Post by Eastsideloco »

CoffeeBar wrote:I am worrying about the asbestors in the Cremina 67
Olympia Cremina boiler asbestos insulation

and those pin holes problem....'86 Olympia Cremina pinholes in boiler... 'The fix' :(
The asbestos can't hurt anyone unless you find a way to turn it into dust. That's why the removal process involves soaking the boiler in water. Super simple and safe. And there's no need to remove the insulation if it has good integrity.

If the machine has never been used, it won't have any pinholes. That's a pretty rare problem. I have a '74 Cremina that was used for decades by the previous owners and it's still in great shape.

dergitarrist

#6: Post by dergitarrist »

Did it actually sell for 510€? That's an absolute bargain... I have the same machine here and use it every day. Asbestos-removal was a non-issue. :)
LMWDP #324

mathof (original poster)

#7: Post by mathof (original poster) replying to dergitarrist »

It seems to have! I was going to bid up to €600 but I decided that I wouldn't want to disturb its never-used collector's item status. And my La Pavoni makes perfectly good espresso, anyway. 8)

Matt

summer

#8: Post by summer »

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

Interesting. I was looking through those photos and wondering whether Enrico Maltoni has any factory original Creminas? :twisted:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

summer

#10: Post by summer »

Yes I know - levers for sale, but no Creminas.
My bad - sorry. :roll: