Need replacement Caravel heating element - Page 9

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
pootoogoo

#81: Post by pootoogoo »

I love the spirit Paul, that's rare nowadays. :wink:
We're now all waiting for the "All-in-one" caravel portafilter. :mrgreen:

ManualWorker

#82: Post by ManualWorker »

Seems I arrived too late to the party... :( Any chance of a second run for 220V elements?
LMWDP #365

Paul_Pratt

#83: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I just posted a longer reply in the marketplace but they have just been taken down temporarily as I shall be away next week.

Paul

ho.ho (original poster)

#84: Post by ho.ho (original poster) »

Thank you Paul. I received my element yesterday and my Caravel is back to life!

spressomon

#85: Post by spressomon »

Thanks Paul...my 110v element and tamper arrived yesterday. Once I receive the round prong to north american adapter in the mail I'll be able to test it all out. Again...super appreciative you took the time, effort & $$$ to take care of us!
No Espresso = Depresso

danmc

#86: Post by danmc »

Got the element today. Looks great. Unfortunately my Caravel has screws to attach the leads instead of sockets for the element to fit into. Need to do some improvising.

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#87: Post by dumpshot »

Got my element today as well. Paul also made for me the brass sleeves that the element "plugs" into. Mine were mucked up. Check 'em out! Beauties.

Here is a photo comparing a 110v Gabor heating element to the new shiny 110v Paul Pratt element. Can't really tell in the photo, but the new one is slightly thicker and looks exactly like the originals.

Thanks a lot, Paul!

Cheers, Pete
LMWDP #484

Paolo

#88: Post by Paolo »

Mine arrived today....took out the Gabor element that has been working well and snapped-in the new one....a perfect fit! I have pulled 3 shots today with the new element at the helm and highly endorse it.

Fabulous effort, Paul! I thank you.

Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#89: Post by Italyhound »

We never did hear back from Paul regarding using the 110v with the native wiring.

Converted 110v users with new elements, please chime in when able ....

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#90: Post by dumpshot »

Hey Evan and others - it is so dead simple to put on a new 110v compatible US three prong plug that I don't know why you wouldn't. You can save the original cord and plug for posterity or re-sell and call it good. I can post pictures if it helps.

Pete
LMWDP #484