Londinium L1-P

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by FotonDrv »

I have been using the L1-P for a few days and just love the way it works. Good shot volume and shot density, a nice thick mouthfeel.

http://mini4fun.info/L1-P/Complete_L1-P.html
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

kwantfm

#2: Post by kwantfm »

Looks amazing Mr Sweeney, as does your motorised HG one. What's the other grinder?
LMWDP #602

TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

Ceado E37(S).

I look forward to hearing your comparison, impression of the P versus the V1. Looks solid as a rock. I just got 220V installed this afternoon, so I can step up to some nicer stuff myself.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

spressomon

#4: Post by spressomon »

Very nice Stephen. Already switching wood I see :)

Now let's see some in the cup proof shots! Please :D

And 220v opens so many new doors! Er, not cabinet doors ;)
No Espresso = Depresso

FotonDrv (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

kwantfm wrote:Looks amazing Mr Sweeney, as does your motorised HG one. What's the other grinder?
A Ceado E37s that I am currently learning. So far I really like it, but the only thing I might try to add is a pulse button on the top control area. The way Ceado does it is to have the button on the ghrinder body pushed by the PF to activate the motor.

Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

spressomon wrote:Very nice Stephen. Already switching wood I see :)

Now let's see some in the cup proof shots! Please :D

And 220v opens so many new doors! Er, not cabinet doors ;)
I will get some video of the shots. Pretty amazing what real water main preinfusion can do for the same Lever Group with more volume and more density (mouthfeel, not tools)

Yes, swapped out the Londinium wood because the handles felt to chunky in my small hands. Just a personal preference thing.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. »

The line pressure vs boiler pressure is a none issue as soon as you lift the lever off the stop so I don't see how that would give you a heavy/denser mouthfeel. Same spring arrangement as the L1? So you are seeing higher volume shots? The L1 didn't completely fill the group if you left the lever down long enough?
LMWDP 267

Supporter ♡

#8: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

Don't know what to tell you John, just observations.

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by samuellaw178 »

JohnB. wrote:The line pressure vs boiler pressure is a none issue as soon as you lift the lever off the stop so I don't see how that would give you a heavy/denser mouthfeel. Same spring arrangement as the L1? So you are seeing higher volume shots? The L1 didn't completely fill the group if you left the lever down long enough?
I'm guessing with boiler pressure you're limited to 0.8-1.5 bar range. With tap pressure it's more like 2-3 bar preinfusion.

By the way Stephen, nice setup! Did you have a pressure regulator for the water main? Also, what prompts you to upgrade from a 2L L1 to a 7L L1-P? :P Pretty dramatic change there. :shock:

Mark08859

#10: Post by Mark08859 »

I understand the L1-P is for professional use. What attracted you to it as opposed to the standard (home?) version? BTW, looks gorgeous.