LMWDP Rollcall - Page 168

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
crazy4espresso

#1671: Post by crazy4espresso »

Yes, the Faemina club on HB is certainly growing. Welcome and enjoy that beautiful machine!
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

mogogear

#1672: Post by mogogear »

Welcome to all you new lever owners!!

So wonderful to see LMWDP #'s still being requested!!
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

Advertisement
suprolla
Supporter ♡

#1673: Post by suprolla »

I am joining the lever club by keeping one in the HB family. After attempting to make good on an eBay purchase, the seller and I could not agree on certain aspects of the machine, so I ended up sending it back. Lo and behold, a Cremina from a board member showed up and now it's with me.

It took me a few shots, but I was able to dial in the grind and the technique to where I am making fairly consistent, and beautifully tasting shots. I have espressos (when it just looks too delicious), cortados and cappucinos. My latte art stinks, but once the milk reaches temperature I'm fine.

Since this picture, I got my OE Tamper which is much easier to use than the plastic tamper I got with the grinder, and a temperature strip (90-120C) which I placed on the bottom of the group. I was thinking of adding a pressure gauge somewhere, but honestly, I feel the machine is perfectly setup as is (thanks to the previous owner and OE), and I find myself hardly even needing the temp strip.

I look forward to my new morning routine.

Roger
LMWDP #507

sdefranc

#1674: Post by sdefranc »

My first post on this forum and this thread seems appropriate.

I purchased a 2010 Stradaveri professional about a year ago, as I live in the Middle East I needed something reliable and serviceable. And the la Pavoni certainly has lived up to the promise. In fact I just purchased a second machine, an 8 cup europiccola circa '82 which I plan to rebuild, I really love these machines, they are like Italian sports cars, good only for a couple of people, temperamental yet delivering high performance in the right hands.

Will post pics soon.

nismo270r

#1675: Post by nismo270r »

Another recruit signing up for the ranks! This beauty joined our family recently, with a full thread with a couple more photos here:

MCaL thread

Chris
LMWDP #509

Saber

#1676: Post by Saber »

Figured I may as well post here. Total newbie to espresso, first machine is a La Pavoni Stradivari (got it November 2014).

The forums say that it's a difficult machine to learn, and it is initially until you remember how to preheat the grouphead. The Stradivari's head needs more warming than the Europiccola or Professional, so if you don't pump teh handle a few times to purge fresh steam in, you'll get a sour shot almost regardless of how long you leave the actual machine on.

but it's truly a wonderful machine; 15.5 grams of Black Cat thru my Rocky on setting 7 makes for a wonderful shot.
"It's all fun and games until someone cracks the puck."

LMWDP #732

doubleOsoul

#1677: Post by doubleOsoul »

yakster wrote:Great score... we've got so many Faemina's popping up we should lobby for someone to make bottomless portafilters for the them. (and knock-offs the rare knock boxes)
Genius suggestion, Chris!

Advertisement
grog

#1678: Post by grog »

Maybe Thijs at Brooks Espresso or Paul Pratt would be up for this?
LMWDP #514

doubleOsoul

#1679: Post by doubleOsoul »

We might need to give Paul a minute to catch his breath after that dynamite restoration he did on his Arduino.

JZY

#1680: Post by JZY »

My recently acquired Cremina!