LMWDP Rollcall - Page 162

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#1611: Post by yakster »

Welcome, Paul, I'd love to see your espresso setup.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Mr Paul Corusoe

#1612: Post by Mr Paul Corusoe »

Thank you - I'll try to post an image, though it is nothing special.

And, BTW, I'm Casey, though I can certainly understand the error - my user name 'Mr. Paul Corusoe' is a reference to the first track on the Hendrix album 'Axis: Bold As Love' - I knew I was going to be confusing with that, but, couldn't resist choosing it!

mathof

#1613: Post by mathof »

wintoid wrote:I should have signed up for this ages ago. Would you believe I have never actually used a pump machine in my life? It has just never appealed. I've gone through 2 Caravels, one Ponte Vecchio Export, and now a very happy owner of a Cremina 2003. Time to register, methinks.
I believe you as I too have never used a pump machine. When I decided to buy a home espresso maker, in 1999, I went to the John Lewis department store in Oxford Street and bought an LP Europiccola. It was the only lever machine they had, and I liked the romantic nostalgia of the lever idea and the fact there was no motor to give out. I'm still using that same machine, although it has been modified for temperature control and ergonomics.

drgary
Team HB

#1614: Post by drgary »

turriga wrote:Thx Gary!
My personal challange is to combine vintage lever espresso machines with grinder in the same age and style or much better the same brand (Faema, Carimali, Gaggia, Cimbali....)!
Ciao
Andreas
One more reason to travel to Europe. Have you posted a photo album of your collection? :mrgreen:
Mr Paul Corusoe wrote:my user name 'Mr. Paul Corusoe' is a reference to the first track on the Hendrix album 'Axis: Bold As Love' - I knew I was going to be confusing with that, but, couldn't resist choosing it!
"Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced"? That first track is another way of saying "down the rabbit hole." "It takes about a day to get there, if you travel by dragonfly." 8)
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

turriga

#1615: Post by turriga »

drgary wrote:One more reason to travel to Europe. Have you posted a photo album of your collection?
Hi Gary,
not only these beauties waiting for their dates :oops: !

beer&mathematics

#1616: Post by beer&mathematics »

turriga wrote:Hi Gary,
not only these beauties waiting for their dates :oops: !

<image>
Great collection, that one in the middle rocks!
LMWDP #431

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1617: Post by yakster »

I like the idea of pairing vintage espresso machines with grinders. I recently saw a nice pair on Fabian Schmidt's Instagram feed (a real resource for vintage design):

A nice wall-mount Faema Velox

A nice wall-mount Quickmill Grinder
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TomC
Team HB

#1618: Post by TomC »

There was Quickmill grinder very similar to that, or exactly the same, available for sale on eBay just a week ago. I had to show a fair amount of restraint to avoid buying it.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

turriga

#1619: Post by turriga »

srobinson wrote:So on the Porsche side we created SCWDP as a way to keep our conversations to the truly informed and quickly sort out the other poor individuals who had purchased outside of the 1978-1983 years.

The only real Porsches are those untill 1973 8)!

turriga

#1620: Post by turriga »

beer&mathematics wrote:Great collection, that one in the middle rocks!
That one in the middle is a macdobar, used in a drugstore or grocery!
I like the La Minerva most, because it is much smaller than the Quick Mills, Gaggias or Faema FPs, has very nice details and runs perfectly! Usally the company plate is attached on the front, here on the left side, which is very special! Unfortunately it's not quite complete (Hopper, Cover)!