LMWDP Rollcall - Page 160

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Marcelnl

#1591: Post by Marcelnl »

Hi to all coffee enthousiasts and especially to the lever heads,

My interest in coffee goes back a while, not being able to stand the automate coffee at work (getting me stomach trouble at my daily 16+consumption) I started using a french press using the hot water from the coffee machine as it was not allowed to use electrical equipment from the 'outside' (working in a pharma company with labs and production facility on-site).

The next step, brought on by reading about the bad effects on cholesterol from french press or tubruk coffee without a paper filter) I experimented with the aeropress, with varying results.
After that, out of convenience and decreasing compliance with crazy company policies I started using a Nespresso at work, followed by a Gaggia Classic and quite a bit of research on the internet.
After some really nice espresso's and ristretto's in Itally I noticed that the most enjoyable ones came from lever machines so I started to investigate those and the differences between pump machines and levers resulting in the purchase of a 1954 Faema Faemina which not only looks great but also proved a good choice to me thus far (only have pulled a few dozen doubles yet).

Hail to the lever espresso! :wink:
LMWDP #483

TomC
Team HB

#1592: Post by TomC »

I love those Faemina's and their slim footprint.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

doubleOsoul

#1593: Post by doubleOsoul »

Same here.

turriga

#1594: Post by turriga »

Hi,
I'm desperately disappointed :( , because there was no response in the knockbox for my faema threesome!

blumes

#1595: Post by blumes »

I love my ex Lambro :D

Ciao
Marco

turriga

#1596: Post by turriga »

Me too! :) Nice job, Marco!
I loved that trinity on my coffe altar!

Unfortunately the Lambro left me (after extensive testing)to a (lucky) friend in Salzburg.

Ciao Andreas

beer&mathematics

#1597: Post by beer&mathematics »

Andreas, really beautiful set! I didn't get that the grinder and toaster were also Faema so I didn't understand at first. Great photo too!
LMWDP #431

vberch

#1598: Post by vberch »

Stunning Faema set!!
turriga wrote:Hi,
I'm desperately disappointed :( , because there was no response in the knockbox for my faema threesome!
<image>

turriga

#1599: Post by turriga »

Thx Vlad!

Sansibar99

#1600: Post by Sansibar99 »

Hello Andreas,
now I am not the first one anymore to applause you for this absolutely fabulous corner setup! It's more of a bar than a coffee corner :-)

But speaking of "Faema threesome": :mrgreen:
Who is the Peeping Tom in the back on the left handside? LSM 65?

Cheers,
Holger
LMWDP #422