La Pavoni Professional not pressurizing

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
lhobbs

#1: Post by lhobbs »

I have a La Pavoni that I got used many years ago but never fully got working, I replaced the heating element and pressure stat. I don't recall that I replaced any gaskets. It has the single red switch on the side with an O in the off position. It has been in storage for the last few years and I finally started working on it again. I plugged it in and it started heating up put the pressure never started rising. Water started leaking out of the group head with the lever in the lowered position. I had the basket in place without any grinds in it. I though water would not come out until the lever was raised. Am I correct? Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Thank you,
Lonnie

forbeskm

#2: Post by forbeskm »

Odds are your group gaskets need a refresh. Either replace or some food safe Dow 111 lube. I would guess replace from the leaking, I am guessing the gaskets are brittle but you don't know until you get in there. A new gaskets set is not much from Orphan Espresso or Stefano's, millenium 51mm and pre millenium 49mm. Any questions post a picture.

No water should come out the group with the handle down.

lhobbs (original poster)

#3: Post by lhobbs (original poster) »

Thank you forbeskm. I probably won't get to it right away but will post again if I need help.