La Pavoni Plastic Drip Tray alternatives? Metal? Ceramic?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jtrops

#1: Post by jtrops »

I have scoured the interweb with no luck in finding something other than a plastic drip tray for my machine. It's not that the plastic doesn't work, it's just that it cracks easily. I am on my third one, and it has been repaired with Epoxy 3 times. It's not that it is getting dropped, or anything like that. I think it has to do with the hot/cold cycling.

Anyway, does anyone know a source for either metal or ceramic drip trays for the La Pavoni Pro/EP? If I can't find one to purchase I may just make a form and make my own out of ceramic. I'm not opposed to learning how to form sheet metal either.

day

#2: Post by day »

I am new to my Pavoni but...where were you getting the plastic? I cant imagine mine cracking....got mine at OE, seems fine enough quality to handle the Pavoni.

Not saying its not happening, but just that it seems a bad lot or bad vendor, but I suppose time will tell.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

jtrops (original poster)

#3: Post by jtrops (original poster) »

The last one came from Stefano's, I think. It may have been OE. Anyway, it's not like they are cracking quickly. My first one lasted 4 years or better. Since then I have gotten 2 or 3 years out of them. I think it's just the plastic they use.

To be fair, as parts go this is an inexpensive one. I would just like something that lasts a bit longer. I'm going to see if I can make a ceramic copy on Monday. It will be a few days of firing and glazing before I have it at home. I'll post a photo when I get one to fit right.