La Pavoni Europiccola Rebuild... sort of different. - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
emcphers

#21: Post by emcphers »

Very impressive work, a complete overhaul! I guess you just have to know where to look, and with a lot of know-how, you can have have your own beautiful lever machine for cheap.
I have just recently received a Europiccola, and I'm happy to say I won't have to do half the work you've put into your machine. Probably just a thorough cleaning, polishing, and rebuild. Hopefully I won't run into too many problems, but if I do there looks to be plenty of info available here concerning these machines.
This is actually my first post here, so Hello to you all. Looking forward to my education here.

Cheers,
Eric

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by mborkow »

I love the look of the naked aluminum base. With what did you strip the paint and achieve that finish?

pizzigri (original poster)

#23: Post by pizzigri (original poster) replying to mborkow »

I just used a "finish" soft abrasive wheel for my hand drill. It looks like a wheel of abrasive fluff, and is used to strip paint off of wood. Then I've finished the surface with various grits of sandpaper, starting from 220 up to 600 grit, going thru with some steel wool, and then cotton wheel buff with blue ultrafine abrasive (the one that comes in wax looking sticks). Actually, I stopped a lot before it became too shiny, with the blue stuff you can obtain a mirror finish, which was not what I wanted. I was afraid it would corode or mar, instead if you just clean it every time it's OK.