La Cimbali Microcimbali Liberty Question

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Roaster

#1: Post by Roaster »

Hi Everyone !
My first post but I've been learning here for some time .I recently bought a Cimbali Micro Liberty in very good condition of someone who put in the gasket kit from OE .All good except the machine didn't work .Turns out there was no water getting past the piston into the chamber .The machine has a stop screw under the handle on top of the housing with a brass sleeve .I put a shorter sleeve over the screw ,now the handle goes further down and the Cimbali works fine .My question is , am I doing any harm , That screw arrangement is obviously not meant to be adjusted .Should it be taken apart and the piston screwed a little further onto the rod ? Any help would be appreciated .Regards .Jim.

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#2: Post by orphanespresso »

You diagnosed the issue correctly..a matter of geometry and your solution seems to work, but you can pull the piston out through the top, housing and all, and doing this likely screw the piston up the rod a bit to achieve the same thing. A good check to see if the piston is too loose or is unscrewing from the rod.

Roaster (original poster)

#3: Post by Roaster (original poster) »

Thanks for that .Might as well leave it as it is for now .I took the piston out to check .It's tight and screwed in the right distance as per "Manuale Technico" . Must be the wear on the handle pivot .I suppose those parts would be a little difficult to get .I'll bring the piston a little higher and replace the stop spacer next time it needs a new seal kit . Cheers . Jim