KvdW Mirage Idro Duette: sudden thermosiphon stall!

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
chris_n

#1: Post by chris_n »

I recently moved my machine over to a new bar (barista capsule) and I suspect air somehow got into the system and it's causing very erratic behavior. (low group temp, erratic flow rate, inconsistent between both groups)

is there a prescribed procedure for bleeding the air out of the brew system? I want to approach this as systematically as possible so as to not exacerbate the situation.

help please!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

This is covered on pg. 17 of the Idro service manual. Do you have a copy? If not PM me your email & I'll send a copy.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
chris_n (original poster)

#3: Post by chris_n (original poster) »

thanks johnB!

I do have the manual, and i have done this. however it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem!

I will try it once again tonight and report back...

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

If you have a filter set up on the line feeding the Idro perhaps the issue lies there??
LMWDP 267

#5: Post by chris_n (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

yes i completely agree! tonight i'm going to purge all the water from the filter/accumulator setup and re-prime that.

ALONG with cold start air purge of the idro according to kees manual pg 17.

will report back!

#6: Post by chris_n (original poster) »

Unfortunately the problem still is there.

More details:

The water debit of the 'stalling' group drops to about half that of the non-stalled group. Aka very slow flow rate.

Any other ideas?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. »

If each group has it's own needle valve controlling the water feed you might try opening up the one controlling the group with the flow issue. Maybe some debris from your new filters got into the machine & is partially clogging the feed? If it worked fine before the move & you haven't damaged the machine it has to be something pretty simple.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement

#8: Post by chris_n (original poster) »

my version is pretty barebones and doesn't have electronic group flush nor adjustable thermosiphon needle valves.

i'll continue to troubleshoot and update this thread if anything comes up

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#9: Post by EspressoForge »

Have you tried to call or email KvdW?

#10: Post by chris_n (original poster) »

^ yep i've been emailing back and forth with one of the R&D guys regarding other things but they have not responded to this inquiry yet.