Is anyone in the US besides 1st-line still selling the PV Lusso?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Kaffee Bitte

#1: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

I have been contemplating the addition of a second lever to my home. I have had a LP Stradivari pro since 2006 and would never think of getting rid of it. But at the same time it just doesn't do well for groups of people at a small party. I tend to make espresso martinis when friends come over and prepreparing espresso is never a very good solution especially since it requires a lot of cool down time and refills. So I am hoping that there is a dealer out on the West Coast that is selling PV Lusso's. I am especially interested in the two group version. I've read just about everything available on this site about it so I know what i am getting into with one. So far the only place my searches have turned up in the US is 1st-line, and since they only sell it if you pick it up from their New Jersey store it really isn't a feasible option for me. The only other solution I have seen is to buy it from PV, but since there have been so many posts about busted up Lussos due to shipping I am leery of this option.
If there is a west coast seller, even one who won't ship, that would make it possible for me. I wouldn't mind a scenic drive leading to a new two group Lusso. Anyone on here heard of such an option?
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#2: Post by orphanespresso »

Check with Vaneli's in Rocklin, CA:
http://www.vanelis.com/ContactUs.cfm
Barb

Kaffee Bitte (original poster)

#3: Post by Kaffee Bitte (original poster) »

Thanks Barb. I will do so. I appreciate it.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

pechelman

#4: Post by pechelman »

Last I checked, even despite having it on their website, vanelis does not have any machines, nor do they have any estimate of ever getting them again. This was a few months back.

Similarly, I called joe at the good coffee co in Seattle.
At the time, he had one red single group lusso left.
He was reluctant to ship it, but said that he would.

Kaffee Bitte (original poster)

#5: Post by Kaffee Bitte (original poster) »

you are right. Vanelis does not have any.
I do not really want a single group Lusso so Seattle coffee co is probably not a good option. I guess I will just wait it out for a while and see what happens. Hopefully they will start shipping to the US again. But if not I will just have to consider a Strega I suppose.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

pacificmanitou

#6: Post by pacificmanitou »

why not buy an older sama? Theyre identical, and better built.
LMWDP #366

Bob_McBob

#7: Post by Bob_McBob »

pacificmanitou wrote:why not buy an older sama?
From...?
Chris

nickw

#8: Post by nickw »

Three options:

1. I have Sama Lusso sitting on my counter right now. I bought it last week, but when I took it home, it had steam leaks. Going to return it. The sellers said he's going to have it fixed and list again. Might be able to purchase the project if you want.

2. The Good Coffee Company in Seattle (Address: 818 Post Ave, Seattle, Phone: (206) 622-5602) has one new single group PV Lusso. I spoke to him last week about it. It's $900 and is in the Tabaco colour. I also would of preferred a two group if buying new (due to lower shot volume) and black or chrome in colour.

3. You can order a new out of Italy. Save a few hundred over 1st Line. I read a thread where Doug from OE brought a few in (5?) and each had a small but fixable problem before he could sell them. I decided against since your dealing with Italy if any warranty issues come up.

Best of luck.

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

Kaffee Bitte wrote:But if not I will just have to consider a Strega I suppose.
I'm very impressed with the Strega after TomC brought his over to my house for a recent HB meetup. Getting one of those would not be settling for second best.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

nickw

#10: Post by nickw »

Kaffee Bitte wrote:But if not I will just have to consider a Strega I suppose.
That's what I just did!