I broke the Olympia Cremina sight glass...

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
DJF

#1: Post by DJF »

:evil: My wife told me not to force it but did I listen? Noooooooooooo..

Does anybody know if the Cremina glass is interchangeable with a glass from another machine? I know it's a long shot but I really don't want to pay $$$ for just one glass from the US. I already ordered some stuff from OE which is almost here.

I can't believe I broke the damn thing :oops:

Edit; I'm going to make my own sight glass. OD is 10mm ID is 7mm. All I need is the length. I can measure but if someone can tell me the exact mm would be good,
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

DJF (original poster)

#2: Post by DJF (original poster) »

I just found this thread;

Need Olympia Cremina water-level sight glass - desperate!

184 cm long it seems. I'm hoping this for a 67 and not the later model which I assume is a bit longer.

dino

#3: Post by dino »

go 184mm it will fit a little better :lol:

DJF (original poster)

#4: Post by DJF (original poster) »

Shall do! I'm checking out glass from other machine but they are mostly 11mm. I wonder if that will fit. I can cut the length.

rpavlis

#5: Post by rpavlis »

These things in most machines are just standard glass tubing. It is available from any scientific supply house. The production method tends to result in diameter variation from most sources. You do need to know how to cut it, however. If you scratch it with a file and then wet the scratch and pull it apart while bending it slightly it should snap off cleanly. You can use fused quartz tubing too. It is more expensive, but dramatically better and less expensive than OEM parts.