Help identify our vintage 3 group lever espresso machine

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
kavacafe Service

#1: Post by kavacafe Service »

Hello, we have a old '69 lever 3group espresso machine ,
unfortunately with no logo of maker, only modell "fantasia" and cfr-3 sign on the plate.
Boiler looks like magyar made, we also have a closer look for lever system at a group.
The back plate of the machine is made of orange-red plexi and has a backlight.
We've got only photos of the machine at: https://plus.google.com/photos/10697326 ... 2476377697
We need ANY information of maker to know its history
before restoration process starts.
We will be appreciate to receive any help.

Regards
Piotr Konarski

Whale

#2: Post by Whale »

Wowaa! That is a nice mystery machine!
The groups look like a variation on the Classic Gaggia rack and pinion lever.
The text on the side sticker is in french but it talks about a grill with 2 removable cooking surfaces for easy cleaning, comes with a gratin diss and a recipe book . This sticker does not belong there or the hood does not belong on the espresso machine?? Maybe the panels were taken from another machine.

I am looking forward to more about this machine.
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

kavacafe Service (original poster)

#3: Post by kavacafe Service (original poster) »

Thanks Whale for reply.
I knew that sticker was from other machine. the whole hood including side panels are original. In fact whole machine is complete and 100% original! including wiring coated with porcelain insulation rings, i have also afew unused spare parts like cup filters, some sort of gaskets. According my newest knowledge this unit was bring to Poland in 1970 from France then worked to 2002 and stuck in restaurant's basement till Yesterday when i bought it. My bad - good manufactured machine was worked without grand servicing almost 30years!:) Minutes ago I've got an email with clue that may be a czech republic product - must check.
If You guys have any clues please share.
Regards
P

kavacafe Service (original poster)

#4: Post by kavacafe Service (original poster) »

hi, i found it as OMNIA FANTASIA - rare magyar made lever. I will fully restore it and show some fotos.