Found a Cappuccino Amore - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
StephB (original poster)

#11: Post by StephB (original poster) »

It looks like they call it the "group", or more specifically, the shower. I'm afraid to try and get this off and damaging it. Is there a secret to getting this apart?

OldNuc

#12: Post by OldNuc »

Dental pick and hook into the gasket and pull usually does it.

neightrg

#13: Post by neightrg »

StephB wrote:I know, it looks really cool. I just don't think I have the time and energy. I think I am not able to post anything on the buy/sell forum, so maybe somebody here knows someone who fixes these. I'd sell it for $50 plus shipping, then maybe find something on this site as a good starter. Thanks.
I'm interested. PM sent.

TomC
Team HB

#14: Post by TomC »

Let's keep this thread on topic, if it's turning into a sales thread, it's in the wrong place. Anyone can post in the Buy & Sell Forum if they follow the clearly stated rules.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

lesterp

#15: Post by lesterp »

I can talk you through how to fix the machine later today. I have one and the all suffer from the same issues. The piston is aluminum and it gets very corroded and rots the seals in the process. Your spring is fine. Rotten seals are what is keeping the lever in an odd position. If your piston is too far gone, you will need a new one turned on a lathe which may be a deal breaker for you.

Once fixed up these are very underrated and highly capable.

izzy

#16: Post by izzy replying to lesterp »

Another CA needs seals replaced. I have removed the piston and it doesn't look as bad as I had feared. Can anyone help me in sourcing the correct replacement seals? I have looked at McMaster/Carr, assume they are the U cup seals but maybe I'm wrong. The part numbers and sizes are what I need. Also, any tips on compressing the spring to reassemble the group would be helpful.

For what it's worth I have had this machine since 1980 and used it almost daily for over 25 years before the lever began to seize under pressure. Since reading these threads again I went to pull it out of the attic and I'm feeling a sentimental need to revive it and pull shots again.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Marc

beer&mathematics

#17: Post by beer&mathematics »

LMWDP #431