Finding a heating element for a Carimali Lever Machine (Carimali Elle L1)

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
truemagellen

#1: Post by truemagellen »

I am struggling to find the heating element for this unit that has been working great for a long time. There is a thread on a foreign forum about rebuilding this machine but I could not understand or find the info from it:

http://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/carim ... cht.17315/

Thanks so much...I may have met my match.

aaronmaestri

#2: Post by aaronmaestri »

I have this same machine. I was able to buy all new seals for the group at coffeeparts.com.au here in Sydney Australia. They also have some Carimali elements on their parts page but i have never checked if they are compatible with this particular machine. Here's the link:
http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/carimali/ ... re-parts-6
Pedro is pretty helpful, if you email him with the model he will be able to tell you if he can help you.

Good luck

Mouldy

#3: Post by Mouldy »

truemagellen wrote:I am struggling to find the heating element for this unit that has been working great for a long time.
Is your element a screwed fitting into the boiler or flanged and bolted?

What is the length of the existing element? Would be useful to show a photo of the element also so we can see the shape etc. It may be common with other elements of different manufacturers to give you some options.

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#4: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

My L2 has a screw in element. And I would guess that the L1 is the same.
When the original screw in element blew out on my former Pavoni Pub I did manage to find an odd brand element for it..so there could be hope for the L1.
...I should snag a new one or 2 for the L2...these are rare levers.
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

truemagellen (original poster)

#5: Post by truemagellen (original poster) »

aaronmaestri wrote:I have this same machine. I was able to buy all new seals for the group at coffeeparts.com.au here in Sydney Australia. They also have some Carimali elements on their parts page but i have never checked if they are compatible with this particular machine. Here's the link:
http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/carimali/ ... re-parts-6
Pedro is pretty helpful, if you email him with the model he will be able to tell you if he can help you.

Good luck
I will definitely reach out to him thank you!

#6: Post by truemagellen (original poster) »

Mouldy wrote:Is your element a screwed fitting into the boiler or flanged and bolted?

What is the length of the existing element? Would be useful to show a photo of the element also so we can see the shape etc. It may be common with other elements of different manufacturers to give you some options.
I will try to take it out tomorrow and get a photo
Tom@Steve'sEspresso wrote: My L2 has a screw in element. And I would guess that the L1 is the same.
When the original screw in element blew out on my former Pavoni Pub I did manage to find an odd brand element for it..so there could be hope for the L1.
...I should snag a new one or 2 for the L2...these are rare levers.
Do you happen to know where to get a proper portafilter for the Elles? The one I have is 3 prong eared but wrong so whoever had it filed down the ears to fit, it works but very crude :). Also have you had any oddities with the autofill sometimes overfilling?

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#7: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

My portafilters are new aftermarket as well. And each fits better on one group but not the other, respectively. And my autofill-it doesn't work. I need a new one. My L2 has only been fired a handful of times since I rebuilt it..shamefully. But maybe that will change soon.
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

Paul_Pratt

#8: Post by Paul_Pratt »

It should be a screw in element, I just ordered one from Ascaso for a 1 group. 220V 2100W. Probably overkill for such a small boiler but it was the only wattage they had.

#9: Post by truemagellen (original poster) replying to Paul_Pratt »

Hi Paul,

I will be taking out the element and measuring the thread this week. Do you mind telling me where you purchased the ascaso element and how long is the element is if yours is still out.

220v 2100 is great. I had a Rancilio with 3500 watt 220 and similar small boiler. It saved money as I had it on timer and it would heat up to pressure in under 5 mins then stabilize within 12 mins.

aaronmaestri

#10: Post by aaronmaestri »

sorry its been a while since i have had time to get online.
Both my Carimali Lever and my two group have threaded screw in type elements. I have never unscrewed them as I don't have a wrench large enough. my larges shifter is just a few mm's shy of fitting . The L1 lever is still running and used occasionally but the two group is in parts and the element is definitely shot.