Faema Lambro - Years of Manufacture

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
vberch

#1: Post by vberch »

I just got a freshly restored Lambro and I am trying to research as much as I can about it. I have been "in espresso" for the last 20 something years. I played with single boilers, heat exchangers, double boilers, home levers. This is the first time I have a commercial lever. This thing is amazing! Everything makes sense (I am an Engineer by trade, so this is important). I love the way it is built. I love the way it is laid out. I love the way it looks. I love the shots I am able to pull on it and I love the steam it is so capably producing.

Now, to the question. What years did Faema produce Lambro? Mine doesn't have a SN sticker, but I would like to get an idea when it was manufactured as well as find out more about Lambro in general.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

joatmon

#2: Post by joatmon »

Vlad,

I knew you'd like the Lambro. I can attest to all you say.

My serial number is 20272 and at one time it was in Enrico Maltoni's hands. It is said to be a 1959 manufacture. Paul Pratt had a Enrico Maltoni Lambro with a lower serial number. A diligent search and you can find it. I don't feel at liberty posting his serial number without his permission.

As a point of interest, I have seen some Lambro's with the serial number in the "N" box of the serial number tag, and others with the serial number in the "M" box.

Here's this morning's pour.

Now, what will you do with all those other machines?

Enjoy,

Jack

Advertisement
vberch (original poster)

#3: Post by vberch (original poster) »

Hi Jack, that looks like a nice shot!!

My Lambro didn't come with a SN sticker. I was told that my machine is a later machine since all panels are stainless steel vs chromed brass on the earlier machines.

As far as other machines, most of them are gone. I sold La Marzocco GS/3, Quickmill Anita, Elektra MCaL, La Pavoni, and going to sell my trusty La Cimbali Junior S1 and my fully restored 1959 Faema Faemina. I am going to keep my 1984 and 1990 Olympia Cremina, one at home and one at the consulting site I go to twice a week.

Mouldy

#4: Post by Mouldy »

Congratulations on Lambro acquisition.

Where is the Lambro serial number typically located? On my Eterna lever there is a date stamped into the boiler, but does the Lambro have a tag or stamp date of manufacture anywhere?

kitt

#5: Post by kitt »

Hi Vlad

Nice Lambro, i've had a couple of these and love them. As far as i know the date of manufacture can't be told by the serial number on the front ID tag. Some old Faema levers have a test tag on the boiler, but these seem more common on the bigger 8 litre boiler used in the Urania/president/E61 etc. If your lucky to get a machine with the original element, they sometimes have the date stamp on them, if you don't have that, it can be very hard to tell.
Another interesting Lambro fact ; it is named after the Lambro river, which is near the Faema factory in Milan

zeb

#6: Post by zeb »

Hi all

Mike the Lambro of Vlad was gas powered only, so no heating element. Any date on the manometer, and I had the machine with the SN label removed... :(