Faema Lambro piston seals replacement

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Mouldy

#1: Post by Mouldy »

Hi all,

I've stripped my Faema Lambro down for refurb including replacement of the piston seals. Hoping someone can confirm orientation and position of the upper and lower seals, as I believe the old ones I pulled out (installed by previous owner) are incorrect. I have not used the machine since I bought it.

I believe the correct orientation and location are as below but hoping someone can confirm or correct me before I install.

The group schematics I have seen are not 100% clear for the upper seal per below;

The previous owner had installed two of the single groove seals, with the top seal oriented upside down compared to the photos above (I.e old upper seal was installed with groove facing upwards).

Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s I will be soon creating a thread to document the rebuild.

zeb

#2: Post by zeb »

It's OK like this you're right ;)

Mouldy (original poster)

#3: Post by Mouldy (original poster) »

Thanks for the confirmation Zeb!

Zodiaco

#4: Post by Zodiaco »

Hi guys,
Can somebody please give me the dimensions if the water level glass for the Lambro as well as those small parts needed to rebuild the level unit?
Also, where did you get the piston gaskets?
And, lastly, is there a place to find replacements for the steam pressure gauge?
Thank you, Darius, La Jolla, Calif.

Mouldy (original poster)

#5: Post by Mouldy (original poster) replying to Zodiaco »

Hi there,

The glass tube measures 175mm length, 12mm O.D, 9mm I.D

Apologies, I don't have the dimensions of the other parts. The parts are readily available though. I think espressoparts can supply piston seals etc, not sure about the sight glass parts. As for the pressure gauge, espressoparts or cafeparts have a large range of gauges.

zanghue

#6: Post by zanghue »

very informative