Faema found in a Barn

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
stephen10834

#1: Post by stephen10834 »

This machine was found in an old barn, I believe it's a Urania. Needs a lot of work but will be my winter project. Paid $50.00 for it. Would like to find out its age. Thanks a million from Indiana

doubleOsoul

#2: Post by doubleOsoul »

HOLY BANANAS!
I believe it's a 1955. $50 and in a barn? You best buy a lottery ticket. :D

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Great find. Those portafilters and bakelite handles are worth more than $50 alone.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

crazy4espresso

#4: Post by crazy4espresso »

Only a select few in the world can restore that. I'll gladly take it off your hands for double what you paid. :D

Nice find! Good luck!
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

stephen10834 (original poster)

#5: Post by stephen10834 (original poster) »

What's it worth if I clean this thing up? I have never had an espresso in my life! I'm gonna try it. Any suggestions on replacement parts web sites? Thanks All....Stephen

UltramaticOrange

#6: Post by UltramaticOrange »

I am simultaneously thrilled you found such a score and horrified it was stored in barn. I in no way envy you considering the surprises you will doubtless find inside.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

kajer

#7: Post by kajer »

My experience with barns, most everything inside will be packed with black widow and wolf spiders, maybe even a hybrid of the two. Watch out for spiders when you pull that first shot. :p

crazy4espresso

#8: Post by crazy4espresso »

stephen10834 wrote:What's it worth if I clean this thing up? I have never had an espresso in my life! I'm gonna try it. Any suggestions on replacement parts web sites? Thanks All....Stephen
How much are you prepared to spend on a proper restoration? It might make more sense to YOU to turn the profit now.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

cannonfodder
Team HB

#9: Post by cannonfodder »

Unfortunately it was found in a barn. I am betting it was not a heated barn. First thing you need to do is pull the covers an check for freeze damage. If it was put away wet, you may have bent parts, ruptured boiler/tubing/heat exchangers, etc... Hopefully it was drained before it went into the barn may years ago. Otherwise you may have a nice parts machine.
Dave Stephens

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by uscfroadie »

crazy4espresso wrote:How much are you prepared to spend on a proper restoration? It might make more sense to YOU to turn the profit now.
+1 Restorations of machines like this are usually a labor of love. If you are hoping to make a profit, you might want to do so now.
Merle