La Pavoni Europiccola Professional boiler cap dimensions??

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
KoffeeNutta

#1: Post by KoffeeNutta »

Hi all

I have a Europiccola Professional (1980's Model) I am wanting to get a wooden boiler cap turned but I need the dimension of the old style cap. Its the shorter stubbier version

Does anyone here have a machine with the same cap, if so could you possibly measure it and share the dimensions here. This is not a picture of my cap incase your wondering why I dont just measure it myself.
I sent mine off to be replicated in wood but it was damaged in the process.

Thanks in advance

rpavlis

#2: Post by rpavlis »

The machines made 1974 and later have M32x2.0 threads for the caps. The Professional and Europiccola have the same cap.

You can cut the threads with a lathe or using an M32x2.0 die. There is a learning curve either way. I have done it with a die. It is best to start with a piece of brass stock about 40mm in diameter and to turn down the side that will receive the threads to about 31.7mm. Be VERY careful doing that, it is much easier to take off metal with a lathe than to put it back on! Rather than use an enormous die stock for just that M32 die, you can use a lathe chuck. It is extremely important to align the die with the metal blank exactly.

There are various ways to mount the threaded piece to a wood or plastic holder.

Advertisement
rpavlis

#3: Post by rpavlis »

I just told you how to make the brass part, but I think that is not what you wanted. The diameter of the plastic or wood top is 6.0 cm. The length of it is 4.0 cm. The part below the top is 2.0 cm tall. It tapers to 39mm diameter just above the brass part. The part just below the handle is about 29mm diameter.

The top is rounded, so the centre is about 5mm taller than edge.

KoffeeNutta (original poster)

#4: Post by KoffeeNutta (original poster) »

Your right its just the black part I needed. Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate!!!