Edoardo bianchi (velo) milano lever espresso machine

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
arcimboldo

#1: Post by arcimboldo »

hi,
does anybody know if bianchi (the cycling brand) also made some lever espresso machines or relabeled machines in the 60s/70s?
kind regards, a.

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

If anyone knows my bet would be francesco ceccarelli ..would suggest you try and contact him.
LMWDP #483

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#3: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I remember seeing a large white and red machine with the Bianchi name last year. Was very cool 70's boxy styling, not a lever group though.

turriga

#4: Post by turriga »

The bike manufacturer bianchi has imho nothing to do with that espresso machine brand!
Andreas

Marcelnl

#5: Post by Marcelnl »

LMWDP #483

blumes

#6: Post by blumes »

arcimboldo (original poster)

#7: Post by arcimboldo (original poster) replying to blumes »

yes, i was looking for information about this machine. edoardo bianchi and milano (on the plate of an identic amchine i saw) seem to refer to the bicicle brand.

Advertisement
arcimboldo (original poster)

#8: Post by arcimboldo (original poster) »

from wikipedia
F.I.V. Edoardo Bianchi

Con la crisi delle vendite motociclistiche negli anni sessanta la Bianchi entra in una grave crisi finanziaria, che sfocerà, alla fine del 1964, nella dichiarazione di liquidazione della società. La produzione delle moto passerà alla Bianchi Velo, il ramo ciclistico della Casa di viale Abruzzi, che nel 1967 sarà rilevata dalla Piaggio. Con le rimanenze di magazzino l'attività prosegue sino al 1970.

velo refers to the bianchi motorcycle brand

turriga

#9: Post by turriga »

Here another model of a Bianchi espresso machine I discovered last year in northern Italy, then later sold at eBay.it, should be now there in a huge museum!

Paul_Pratt

#10: Post by Paul_Pratt »

turriga wrote:Here another model of a Bianchi espresso machine I discovered last year in northern Italy, then later sold at eBay.it, should be now there in a huge museum!
<image>
That's the one I was referring to, just awesome.