E61 Shower Screen for Faema Zodiaco Group

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
vberch

#1: Post by vberch »

Hello Leverheads! I have a question for your collective wisdom. Does Espresso Parts Faema E61 HQ shower screen EPF_228N (http://www.espressoparts.com/EPF_228N?& ... id=2305850) and FKIT1 (http://www.espressoparts.com/FKIT1?&sea ... 2305850fit) fit a Faema Zodiaco (Faema President, Urania, Lambro) group?

blumes

#2: Post by blumes »

Sorry for my bad English...
I have checked but not fit :(

Advertisement
vberch (original poster)

#3: Post by vberch (original poster) »

Hi Marco, are you saying you tried it on your Lambro and it didn't fit?

kitt

#4: Post by kitt »

I've seen it adapted to fit the earlier model faema curved lever group, which usually uses the same standard 'clip-on' shower screen, however this would require modifications to either the group lip, or the e61 screen.
I tried the fit on my faema curved lever group, and it didn't fit. With faema there can be variations in different models, the best way to find out is to try it on your machine.

Paul pratt may have access to both types and could tell us :D . He adapted a gaggia group to use the e61 screen, so has probably tried it on the faema group too

Paul_Pratt

#5: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I can find out next Tuesday as I am on hols now. I buy the same screens from the manuf. so can test right away.

Although the screens and baskets are awesome the current zodiaco ones are good enough. But fun to find out anyway.

vberch (original poster)

#6: Post by vberch (original poster) »

Thanks a lot guys!!

In the meantime, what's a good place to buy a factory Faema Zodiaco dispersion screen in the States?

dmccallum

#7: Post by dmccallum »

Look forward to Pauls input on this one, as it relates to a similar challenge I have getting a screen to fit an early Gaggia lever group.
1957 Gaggia America 1 group - dereks query

Advertisement
Carneiro

#8: Post by Carneiro »

I like this idea, for both machines (Faema and Gaggia). I haven't thought about it when I restored the Gaggia Tell, but the mod I did was OK.

I like the Faema's screen at my Velox, but the only strange thing is that the water sometimes "prefers" to jet from the 3 side cuts of the screen. I would love to have more headspace too (VST basket is shallow), but I think the gain is very little with the E61 screen if it fits.

Márcio.

blumes

#9: Post by blumes »

vberch wrote:Hi Marco, are you saying you tried it on your Lambro and it didn't fit?
Yes I have tried but didn't fit.

Sansibar99

#10: Post by Sansibar99 »

Carneiro wrote: I like the Faema's screen at my Velox, but the only strange thing is that the water sometimes "prefers" to jet from the 3 side cuts of the screen.
I do have the same problem on my Lambro using a screen from www.ersatzteile24.at

Haven't figured out a solution yet.
:-(
Cheers
Holger
LMWDP #422