Dallas Home Lever Users

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Jakus

#1: Post by Jakus »

Any Members in the DFW area with a lever machine at home? I am looking to try my hand on a few lever machines if possible.

I currently have a Espresso Forge/Pharos setup at home that I am quite happy with, but I am considering moving it to my office and getting a more convenient machine for use at home. I find making multiple drinks at home for guests very challenging with my current setup. This doesn't happen very often, but enough that I am considering a new home setup.

I find that my tastes are primarily focused on darker blends I have been buying from local roasters. I seem to prefer the dark chocolate/sweeter notes of espresso to the more fruity and acidic notes, and I believe these types of blends are well suited to a lever type machine.

I have been reading (and waiting for the completion of) the HB Profitec Pro 800 review, as well as looking at the Londinium R, and Brezzera Strega. If anyone in the DFW area might have one of these machines, or something similar to them, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to get some hands on time with one. Thanks

Jake

bill
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by bill »

Hey Jake,
I currently have four lever machines, two of which are awaiting restoration and two are operable. One is an Elektra Mcal that I recently restored. The other is a vintage commercial machine, a Gaggia Compacta, aka GX. The two needing restoration are a Conti Prestina and a La Pavoni Professional. I also know of a fellow in Carrollton that has restored several Olympia Cremina machines. He probably still has at least one.
I'm not sure if any of mine are of interest to you, but if they are you're welcome to come by and check them out.
Bill
LMWDP #43

I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could!

Jakus (original poster)

#3: Post by Jakus (original poster) »

Bill

Thanks for your kind offer. I'd love to come by and take a look. I've got lots to learn. I'll send you a private message for details.

Coffeecritter

#4: Post by Coffeecritter »

I have a couple of Creminas, a Faema Emmina and a Conti Prestina here in Fort Worth. No new-ish levers, though.

Sue
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

bill
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by bill »

I traded my Elektra to a guy in Fort Worth for a Cremina. Also, have added a couple 1st generation Pavoni levers. Both Pavoni machines need restoration, but the Cremina only needs new seals.
Bill
LMWDP #43

I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv »

You left out the Quickmill Achille users.

From the Topic of the Thread I though it was a 12 step plan for Dallas folks :-)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Jakus (original poster)

#7: Post by Jakus (original poster) »

I should have come back and updated this thread a while ago...

Bill was kind enough let me come by and try a few of his lever machines.

I ended up purchasing a Profitec Pro 800 a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it immensely. Some day we should think about doing a DFW HB get together....