The Caravel Replacement Portafilter from Werkstatt-Kunst?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
vze26m98

#1: Post by vze26m98 »

Arnoldmoon wrote:Hi fellow caravel users! I have been looking for a bottomless portafilter and always wondering about the german site comes up when google it. In fact I received an e-mail that they are looking to do international shipping soon. Asked to put me on waitlist, will see how it goes.
http://www.werkstatt-kunst.de/Siebtraeg ... o-Maschine

Greetings-

What do folks know about this replacement, bottomless portafilter? Specifically, it's advertised in two sizes: 46.2mm and 47mm. Anyone know why?

Thanks, Charles

vze26m98 (original poster)

#2: Post by vze26m98 (original poster) »

I see there's been a thread about it already:

New Caravel Bottomless Portafilter Coming Soon!

Arnoldmoon

#3: Post by Arnoldmoon »

Size difference is for caravel basket only / accommodate peppina basket.

Arnold

[creative nickname]

#4: Post by [creative nickname] »

I tried to buy one but it seems they only ship within Germany. Bummer.
LMWDP #435

jptvelo

#5: Post by jptvelo »

[creative nickname] wrote: I tried to buy one but it seems they only ship within Germany. Bummer.
Not quite -- the website isn't set up for int'l orders, but you can do it via email.
Contact Martin (mad_machinist) and he'll tell you how.

[creative nickname]

#6: Post by [creative nickname] »

Good to know -- thanks!!
LMWDP #435

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by dumpshot »

Yes, I don't know the whole story, but apparently he has the portafilters made and is just waiting for the accounting department to approve the sale of them. He works for a non-profit manufacturing firm and this is a side business within the non-profit. Perhaps if more people commit to buying one, they will be released sooner? Fingers crossed.
Pete
LMWDP #484

[creative nickname]

#8: Post by [creative nickname] »

In an embarassing display of amnesia, I had apparently forgotten that I asked Martin for one of these last year. So I am, in fact, already on the relevant list.

:oops:

I think it is great that he is doing this; the photos make the finished product look very impressive.
LMWDP #435

Arnoldmoon

#9: Post by Arnoldmoon »

Oh didn't know they are the same product. I'm on Martin's wait list also but he mentioned it can be a long wait. Fingers crossed,,,,

Arnold

sanzrobinson

#10: Post by sanzrobinson »

Does this portafilter work with other baskets? For example, does it work with a 45mm basket from Ponte Vecchio? If it does it could be a good strategy for making caravel shot with more grams of coffee than (most of the) different variants of the original baskets.