Can you help me identify this Bezzera 1 group Lever?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
danzela

#1: Post by danzela »

Hi,
Bought this on ebay...have not received yet. Owner says there is no BIN. Any idea of the model?
Merci!
Herve

LMWDP #080

peacecup

#2: Post by peacecup »

Welcome Danzela,

Of course we all watched that one go by wistfully. Bezzera is still in business and keeps a website, but they don't make 'em like that anymore. Ponte Vecchio makes something very similar, but they have a different group. Yours appears to have more mass, which should help it to perform its function of serving as a heat sink. There's an outfit in the UK, Bella Barista, that has posted a review of the PV Lusso, a very similar machine. I posted a link somewhere in these lever topics.

Your Bezzera has a relatively small diameter group, not sure if it has the 45 like my PV or a more nomal 49 mm. I've found I can pull excellent 2-oz shots with mine, but they require three lever pulls. The 49mm would likely do it in two.

The machine appeared to be in good shape, and it certainly is beautiful. Good luck with it.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

Latte Jed

#3: Post by Latte Jed »

danzela

How has it gone with the new machine.

I just got one myself, and I think with the complete original kit with instructions. I'll make pdfs if anyone is interested. The instructions are brief and translated directly from the Italian (also included) and are amusing for the sometimes awkward english. "insert the plug in the current tap" They call it the "Family coffee percolator" or "Macchina per caffe Family"

I just fired mine up and I am impressed with the power of the steamer. In fact I have trouble modulating the steam lever with such a large single hole tip. It seems best to just bury the want in the milk and let it turbo foam the milk. Still haven't gotten a decent microfoam out of it. What's your experience?

Also curious how yours was plumbed? Mine is a manual fill through the top of the boiler.

hbuchtel

#4: Post by hbuchtel »

Latte Jed wrote:
I just got one myself, and I think with the complete original kit with instructions. I'll make pdfs if anyone is interested. The instructions are brief and translated directly from the Italian (also included) and are amusing for the sometimes awkward english. "insert the plug in the current tap" They call it the "Family coffee percolator" or "Macchina per caffe Family"
Latte Jed, please do make those pdfs, they should be interesting!

Henry
LMWDP #53

grong

#5: Post by grong »

Latte Jed,

Congratulations on such a beautiful machine!

grong

peacecup

#6: Post by peacecup »

Looking forward to seeing some posts about these Bezzaras. The group is a bit different than the modern Ponte Vecchio club version, and it looks a bit more massive, which should be a bonus. Anyone have photos of espresso pours yet?

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."