Cafelat piston seals on Londinium 1

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
rbh1515

#1: Post by rbh1515 »

Anyone use these on an L1? I have been using their portafilter gaskets on all my previous machines and love them!
Rob

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#2: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

I'm waiting on the arrival of a set to try on one of the heads on my new Pavoni Bar Revo. Looking forward to the results.
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#3: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

Got 'em! They are pretty cool. Very pliable and install was a breeze. Pulled a nice double right away. Most likely will be swapping out the other 2 groups in the near future as well. Though I still need to swap in the portafilter gasket.

LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

Balthazar_B

#4: Post by Balthazar_B »

Tom@Steve'sEspresso wrote:Got 'em! They are pretty cool. Very pliable and install was a breeze. Pulled a nice double right away. Most likely will be swapping out the other 2 groups in the near future as well. Though I still need to swap in the portafilter gasket.
Tom, is that Pavoni at your place on McClintock?
- John

LMWDP # 577

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#5: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

yes! picked it up last month in Cali. It's a beast.
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

thebookfreak58

#6: Post by thebookfreak58 »

I've got some on the way, I also just got some of Reiss new customs seals too.

Will try cafelat first as they look way easier to install.

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#7: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

Easy to install does not say enough, absolutely marvelous. Took longer to get the originals off. Cheers to Mr. Pratt!
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

JWilliams

#8: Post by JWilliams »

I've had mine in for 5 days on my L1. They are very elastic silicone, much more so than the Bosco silicone seals or the stock seals ( not sure what type of rubber they are). Very, very easy to install. It is also really nice to use such a small amount of silicone grease as well. I really hated how much seemed to be required with the stock seals. Nice low lever grab as well.

Balthazar_B

#9: Post by Balthazar_B »

Tom@Steve'sEspresso wrote:yes! picked it up last month in Cali. It's a beast.
Nice! I'll have to stop by for an espresso. It'll be interesting to see how durable those seals are in a commercial environment. I've been using a Cafelat group gasket on my machine for a while, and so far it's been a great combination of pliability and durability. No shredding or indentations at all.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

JWilliams wrote:I've had mine in for 5 days on my L1. They are very elastic silicone, much more so than the Bosco silicone seals or the stock seals ( not sure what type of rubber they are). Very, very easy to install. It is also really nice to use such a small amount of silicone grease as well. I really hated how much seemed to be required with the stock seals. Nice low lever grab as well.
+1

Just installed my new silicone Cafelat seals on my L1-P, along with the new group gasket. Very easy to install, lever action is great (the lever action was already good on the original seals too, but the OCD in me wanted these new silicone seals).

I like the feel of the group gasket much better as it gives a good tactile feel of "sealing up" as I lock in the portafilter. Hard to explain, but the old black rubber one had no give to it, where the silicon feels like the portafilter sinks in and bites better.
LMWDP #371