Cafe with Astoria two group lever in Lima

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
dpiette
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by dpiette »

Cute little place in Barranco called La Campañia. The owner's grandfather owns a coffee farm by the same name. He roasts in house (and ships to France! Yipes!). I bought some green and will be roasting it later today.

The coffee was good, but she did a Fellini with the Astoria and she didn't need to. I wanted to go back and help.
you can't win,
you can't break even,
you have to play.
-the three laws of thermodynamics

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by FotonDrv »

Nice encounter on a trip Dan! How did the shots compare to your QM?

Another question about the Astoria, do you think the shrouded Groups add to the temperature stability of the machine or is it just for bling?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

beer&mathematics

#3: Post by beer&mathematics »

That's very cool--the folks look great and passionate. If you had the time, I'm sure they'd appreciate learning about the new trends in espresso in the states. The fact that they roast in house hopefully means they are miles ahead of the south american curve.

When I visit Argentina, the level of espresso is really sad and they are a bit arrogant and stuck to their bad ways. People in Peru I've found to be much friendlier :P
LMWDP #431

turriga

#4: Post by turriga »

beer&mathematics wrote: When I visit Argentina, the level of espresso is really sad and they are a bit arrogant and stuck to their bad ways. People in Peru I've found to be much friendlier :P
I did the same, bad experience in matters Caffe last month in Brazil, very friendly people but almost bad quality!