Bezzera Steam and Water nozzle modification

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mogogear

#1: Post by mogogear »

Well,
Getting to know the Bezzera, it suffered like most machines with a single hole steam wand ( plus small diameter pipe feeding it) and a water dispensing pipe exactly the same, I had gotten a little tired of seeing dispensed water almost end up in my face as it "U" turned out of the cup. The jet streams produced by both negated even using them as intended.

When Latte Jed came to visit, I had discussed modifying the tips to accept a better steam tip and hopefully a diffused water nozzle as well. So after searching , measuring( the tips were about 7 mm with a 9 mm raised color( 2 mm wide) about 4mm from the very tip. A "stepped" arrangement if you will. There was just enough of the raised "collar" I hoped to be able to thread it and screw on something conventional to tame the "tips"

Here is a old before picture- I think you will be able to see the tips

The tubing is about 6mm OD

The new setup has a 4 hole steam tip from one of my Astras and a Water diffuser tip I found at EPNW for about $8. They look in scale, do a pretty good job. I believe a Rancilio Silvia tip could be screwed in if the tip was drilled ever so slightly and thread to accept the male Silvia tip. I used what I had and think it will be easier to clean up afterwards.

All in all , it worked out pretty well. With fixed team wand , she is still not a fabulous steamer, but she has plenty of it!! And now the steam and the water ( which does GREAT) are usable and are kept with the look of OEM.
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

Paul

#2: Post by Paul »

great stuff. Nice when everything slots into place. Hows about some action shots :D
cheers
Paul

LMWDP #084