Baby Faemina gaskets group buy - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
kaldi61 (original poster)

#11: Post by kaldi61 (original poster) »

It appears to be missing the shower screen. I think most of them are. As I learned from another H-Ber, I am using a Silvia shower screen, and it fits.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

sorrentinacoffee

#12: Post by sorrentinacoffee »

Me Please! I loved mine while the seal lasted... Now it sits forlorn. I would order at least 2 seals.

#13: Post by kaldi61 (original poster) »

So far the interest is as expected. after initial commo with my gasket company I am awaiting their initial estimate. I will keep you all posted.
-Nelson

sanzrobinson

#14: Post by sanzrobinson »

I'm interested too, as long as the price is reasonable :-)

pocketmon

#15: Post by pocketmon »

FYI,

Before receiving my Baby, I was worried about the gasket.
I tried to contact a seller of Taobao, like eBay in China, and he asked 20 USD for mold and 10 USD each for food grade silicone.
So lucky I was, the the condition of the gasket was very good. Therefore, I never contact the seller again.

#16: Post by kaldi61 (original poster) »

Thanks for the info Vito.

My first contacts are US manufacturers, so they may have different price points. We're in the investigative phases so far.
-Nelson

beer&mathematics

#17: Post by beer&mathematics »

Any feedback yet? Are you hoping for an exact replica (read: complicated) or just a good seal that gets the job done?
LMWDP #431

#18: Post by kaldi61 (original poster) »

Am hoping for an exact replica. I took pretty comprehensive measurements, but they will want to borrow my original when we get closer. We will see how it works and then adjust. There must have been reasons they made it the way they did, and so matching is the goal.
-Nelson

pocketmon

#19: Post by pocketmon replying to kaldi61 »

That sounds promising.
Two extra reasons I didn't go the Taobao way are
1. There might be some trial and error process because of inaccuracy measurement I did. Even the measurement was correct, I don't know the correct size to be used for different material.
2. The seller claimed that the material is food-safe. However, the credit of sellers on Taobao is not convincing.

kenuko

#20: Post by kenuko »

I would certainly be interested in at least one gasket as the original gasket is about to break. It still seals really good, but there are some cracks in the gasket and it will not last for long. I'm also missing the tamping/shower screen, any idea for a good replacement? A phin filter could probably work if I get the right size.
- but first coffee.

LMWDP #524